Prepaid gratuities

tmac04

I have never done the prepaid gratuities before so I have a quick question. We will be on the Allure June 2016. Will we get something to hand to the workers? It would seem weird to not have something to hand out on the last night!

I have never done the prepaid gratuities before so I have a quick question. We will be on the Allure June 2016. Will we get something to hand to the workers? It would seem weird to not have something to hand out on the last night!

You get nothing to hand to the crew. However, they do provide envelopes in case you want to give more.

Okay, thanks! I am guessing that the crew will know we prepaid?

Yes, they know. For those guests who don't prepay, they automatically get charged daily for the standard gratuity amount.

Since almost everyone either prepays or has the gratuities added to their onboard account, almost no one is handing out envelopes on the last night so there is no awkwardness or weirdness. The overall expectation and "culture" has changed, and a sincere thank you is all that's needed to feel comfortable.

This is incredibly helpful to know -- the culture was a bit odd the last times I sailed (far too long ago), so I'm glad all the prepaid stuff is genuinely working out well and wasn't some pseudo "tax". I was a bit surprised to read that extra tipping in the fee-based restaurants wasn't really expected except perhaps a few bucks PP and/or with wine, etc.

Great info!