Old HAL shopping bags

elycelynne

I use my old HAL bags all the time. It is most interesting in the grocery ---people will notice them and 1/2hr later we are still talking.

Me too.

I have washed the old style cotton canvas bags and they came out fine. I put them in the dryer only long enough to shake out the wrinkle and let them air dry in order to avoid shrinking.

You are much wiser than me. I left my first one in the dryer and it shrank badly.

The next cruise we got the blue ones made out of the recyclable fabric. Do Not like them as much as the canvas ones.

Always took one with us on our subsequent cruises. Already packed the one for our cruise in 2 days. :D

The canvas ones are washable (cold water, lay on top of dryer to dry after smoothing out the wrinkles) and it looks like new. The blue ones fall apart with use.

Miss the canvas ones but won't complain - it is a complimentary bag. ;)

Okie1946

I made a couple of my canvas bags into a vest. Should be a conversation starter on my upcoming cruise in September.

What a clever idea. Did you use a pattern? You will get a LOT of conversations started in the terminal while waiting before boarding starts.

HINT Double hem all the pieces before assembly. They unravel easily, especially in the washer. Do NOT use bleach.

SEAYA

GARY

The next cruise we got the blue ones made out of the recyclable fabric. Do Not like them as much as the canvas ones.

Always took one with us on our subsequent cruises. Already packed the one for our cruise in 2 days. :D

The canvas ones are washable (cold water, lay on top of dryer to dry after smoothing out the wrinkles) and it looks like new. The blue ones fall apart with use.

Miss the canvas ones but won't complain - it is a complimentary bag. ;)

Okie1946

;) There is nothing complimentary on a cruise ship. There are some things included in the fare and other things we pay for at the time of use or consumption.