Advice...earliest flight recommeded?

tweeterbug

Hi...I'm looking to book a flight from Barcelona to London after we disembark the Epic. I've found a great flight that leaves at 9am...do. You think if we walk off with our own luggage we could make a flight that early? I'm assuming we would have to be there for 7am. I'm thinking that is cutting it too close? Thanks!!!

I had a 10.30am flight (Easyjet I think) from Barca to London. Had leisurely breakfast (toasted bagel with smoked salmon from memory) in the MDR, walked off at 8am, straight into a taxi, half an hour to the airport. Loadsa time.

Hi...I'm looking to book a flight from Barcelona to London after we disembark the Epic. I've found a great flight that leaves at 9am...do. You think if we walk off with our own luggage we could make a flight that early? I'm assuming we would have to be there for 7am. I'm thinking that is cutting it too close? Thanks!!!

Depending on the airline, you would probably need to be there 40 minutes before departure to dump your luggage.

Two years ago, we caught our flight out of BCN to BSL (with Easy Jet) departing Barca at 8.15am with no problems. We left the EPIC at 6.30am, took a cab and were at the airport at 7am. In my opinion: take the flight!

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Forums

I was on Epic last week with a flight out of Barcelona at 11:00 to Amsterdam. I booked NCL airport transfers as I read mixed messages about taxi availability. We received a letter that said me that I had to disembark at 06:00 which I tried to get changed by Client Services as I felt it was too early but they insisted saying that I would not get to the airport until 8:30 (which turned out to be very wrong).

Reality was the ship docked in Barcelona at 4:12, we left the ship at approximately 6:10 having seen some other leave before us, picked up luggage very easily, straight onto a bus which then eventually departed at 6:30 and we were at the airport checking in at 7:00. There were 2 other NCL airport transfer buses waiting.

There were taxis available and a long line of taxis waiting between the 2 docks for the Epic and Allure.

So in summary I would be ok with a 9:00 flight, you would just need to be up early and be one of the first off the ship. It is only 15-20 mins to the airport from the port.

I alway fly with easy jet from Barcelona the airport is only 20-30 mins depending on traffic I alway booked a fight for around 2pm and alway book a private transfer to the airport from the ship and arrive at the airport around 10.30-11 am and I alway Ask if there is a earlier flight and every time I have been moved to around 12noon flight

There not to much at the airport to get up to a sandwich/coffee shop a duty free shop and a newsagents

have a great cruise I've got 100 days and counting [emoji568]

I had forgotten about that.

Can I take an earlier flight if I get to the airport early?

If you arrive at the airport earlier than expected and wish to transfer to an earlier flight we can offer you a “free of charge” transfer on the same day subject to flight availability. You must have already made an outbound flight with us on the same booking and be returning to the original point of departure from the original destination in that booking.

Two years ago, we caught our flight out of BCN to BSL (with Easy Jet) departing Barca at 8.15am with no problems. We left the EPIC at 6.30am, took a cab and were at the airport at 7am. In my opinion: take the flight!

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Forums

You were fortunate that the shop wasn't delayed. I would not book any flight leaving before noon. Just my opinion.

I have waited in nothing but lines in Barcelona. I got to the airport over 2 hours before my flight. After the huge line to check my bag, I made it to my gate as the plane was boarding. It didn't help that people had overweight bags and were arguing about having to pay a fee[emoji33]. I'd be nervous with a early flight.

Please don't try this. Even if you could make it, which I feel is quite doubtful, why have a rushed morning on your hands they day you dis-embark? Just lounge around as long as they will let you and linger over the memories of the trip.

I like to try for noon or preferably later.