New look to NCL's online reservation system

LrgPizza

This could be one reason why so many people had been having trouble with reservations. It's been totally revamped now. You can click arrows to scroll through, more info is provided, and the entry fields are moved to the top right. I like it better.

Untitled-1_zpsml74ghqj.jpg

I'm on the same sailing and had no problem booking any of the entertainment/dining options, but I can't pre-pay the service charges for some reason. I get a message stating "we are unable to display this option at this time". No edocs yet either. NCL can't figure out why the pre-pay service charge option is not displaying, and they can't add it on their end either, so they have escalated the issue.

Tons of people posted issues booking, not just my particular sailing. I was able to book, but there were lots of issues.

I like the way with this new system, you can select which date you want the dining right there on the restaurant's screen, without having to return to the main "explore and plan" screen if a certain time isn't available.

Tons of people posted issues booking, not just my particular sailing. I was able to book, but there were lots of issues.

I guess I was lucky in that regard. No issues booking dining or entertainment.

I honestly don't remember what the previous system looked like, but this was super easy at least for me. There are only 3 entertainment options listed to reserve and one is the supper club show you pay for. Hopefully they have more planned for a 10 night cruise.

I'm on the same sailing and had no problem booking any of the entertainment/dining options, but I can't pre-pay the service charges for some reason. I get a message stating "we are unable to display this option at this time". No edocs yet either. NCL can't figure out why the pre-pay service charge option is not displaying, and they can't add it on their end either, so they have escalated the issue.

I get that message on the cruises where my service charges were comped as a part of a promotion. :D

I get that message on the cruises where my service charges were comped as a part of a promotion. :D

I was actually hoping this might be the case, but to my knowledge they were not included with the promo I booked. If they end up being paid for I'll be very happy!

I got the same message intermittently, and eventually after a few days, it was finally available. I read in another thread that others have had the same experience. No one was sure why it didn't work or why it suddenly did work. Good luck!

I got the same message intermittently, and eventually after a few days, it was finally available. I read in another thread that others have had the same experience. No one was sure why it didn't work or why it suddenly did work. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll keep trying. I look at my booking daily anyway since I'm anxious to get the cabin assignment. Maybe one of these days I'll suddenly be able to pre-pay the service charges.

Thanks. I'll keep trying. I look at my booking daily anyway since I'm anxious to get the cabin assignment. Maybe one of these days I'll suddenly be able to pre-pay the service charges.

I look at my booking daily, too, and I already know my cabin! :D I have no idea why I'm looking, but I can't help it. I'm anxious and excited, I guess.

I was actually hoping this might be the case, but to my knowledge they were not included with the promo I booked. If they end up being paid for I'll be very happy!

Log on to NCL.com

Click on "View Reservation"

Click on "Vacation Summary"

Click on "Itinerary & Planned Activities" which is underneath the blue "Reservation at a Glance"

At the very bottom of this window, you'll see the list of freebies, such as:

Amenity Details

• Adult Beverage Package
  • Ultimate Dining Package
  • Prepaid Service Charges for Haven and Suites
  • Shore Excursion Credit - Call to Book your Shore Excursion at 1.866.xxx.xxxx

:D:D:D

Log on to NCL.com

Click on "View Reservation"

Click on "Vacation Summary"

Click on "Itinerary & Planned Activities" which is underneath the blue "Reservation at a Glance"

At the very bottom of this window' date=' you'll see the list of freebies, such as:

Amenity Details

[list']

[*]Adult Beverage Package

[*]Ultimate Dining Package

[*]Prepaid Service Charges for Haven and Suites

[*]Shore Excursion Credit - Call to Book your Shore Excursion at 1.866.xxx.xxxx

:D:D:D

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately no prepaid service fees listed. I guess it's just a glitch in the system.

I look at my booking daily, too, and I already know my cabin! :D I have no idea why I'm looking, but I can't help it. I'm anxious and excited, I guess.

Yes I do that too. I don't know why as I'm not sure what could change? Maybe subconsciously I'm hoping for that magical once in a lifetime surprise upgrade to a Haven Suite! LOL Hasn't happened yet!

I have to admit I do enjoy waiting on a guarantee cabin assignment. It's kind of like playing the lottery. You never know what you might end up with. To be honest NCL is pretty stingy with cabin assignments so I'm not expecting much. Not long ago I traveled with my mom on the PEARL. We each had our own booking and cabin. I'm platinum with NCL and I received a cabin assignment in the very back of the ship. In fact the the very last cabin. My mom who has never traveled on NCL before got an assignment directly midship on a higher deck. We booked the same day with the same promotion and at the same price. Go figure. So much for loyalty! ;) Anyway I was happy for my mom and I realize with a guarantee you have to take what you get. I've just had better luck with other cruise lines in this regard.