tell me about the red frog pub

marshhawk

so, looking at food options on the Carnival website, this says included-and I look at the menu, which is all very good and yummy sounding-but is it really included?

can I just go in there order coconut shrimp and bbq with a coke, and the only thing I pay for is a coke?

I never read any reviews about this bar, in fact I never hear anything about this bar, so what is it really? free food? or pay for food? When is the bar open? is it an adults only venue?

talk to me please- I'm on the legend next summer and want to know what options there are.

I have had the food on the Breeze. The Sunshine did not have food!!!! it was horrible that it was missing the food.... the food was awesome!

anyhow, the food is not included, it costs about $5-$8 depending on what you are looking for.

I am not 100% sure that the Legend got the food part, but hopefully someone can answer that for you.

They told us on the Sunshine, that if there was not already a kitchen close to there, they would not be adding one to new ships getting the pub.

Edited by CharlesKru

The bar food at the RFP is not $5-8 unless it gone up since Feb. There were Jamican Sliders, spicey wings and coconut fried shrimp. All were approx $3 each. Keep in mind not all the ships with the RFP have food available in the pub.

On ships that have the Red Frog Pub (not to be confused with the Red Frog Rum Bar), there is a menu of "Pub Grub" like coconut shrimp, conch fritters, wings, etc. for $3.33 each. Coconut Shrimp (shown here) is wonderful...

th_DSC07816_zpshtvaaoy4.jpg

Edited by forwardcabin

The Red Frog Pub is on the Breeze, Freedom, Legend, Magic, Pride, Sunshine, Miracle and Vista.

Only on the Breeze and Magic have the Pub Grub available . Most items are $3.33.

If you explore the Carnival web site it will list the Red Frog as being included in your cruise fare. However, closer examination will reveal that regular beverage prices apply and the on the Breeze and Magic have a food menu at additional cost.

Red Frog Pub on both the Magic and Freedom.... we LOVE it. Our favorite spot on either ship.

Big difference.... on Magic is is L-shaped, sort of broken into 2 rooms.

On the Freedom it is one big room... we like that better.

There is always live music there in afternoons and evenings.

I have had the food on the Breeze. The Sunshine did not have food!!!! it was horrible that it was missing the food.... the food was awesome!

anyhow, the food is not included, it costs about $5-$8 depending on what you are looking for.

I am not 100% sure that the Legend got the food part, but hopefully someone can answer that for you.

They told us on the Sunshine, that if there was not already a kitchen close to there, they would not be adding one to new ships getting the pub.

Sadly, the RFP on Legend does not have Pub Grub. (We sailed her August 2014 and this past July. Was it last month already?? :eek:)

Are we able to order a pitcher of beer and take it on the sundeck rather than staying in the pub?
...get your pitcher of beer and take it wherever you want--the entire ship is an alcohol-anywhere zone. Edited by forwardcabin

The Pub is great, it has been the only place where I have known there was alcohol in the drink on one of the ships. The bartender at the time was Jamaican, so that may have had a lot to do with me ordering to begin with. The appetizers have always been good.

Has anyone had the roti? I'm wondering if it is more trini or Jamaican style.

Are they made fresh to order?

Yes, made fresh to order. We really enjoyed them. I doubt that I have a picture, but will check.

FYI... They were mini roti. I think u get 4 for $3.33.

Has anyone had the roti? I'm wondering if it is more trini or Jamaican style.

Are they made fresh to order?

The roti is wrapped... like a taquito or mini burrito. The filling has a little kick, but not too spicy. I think it was served with a pineapple or mango chutney/salsa.

I'm trying to remember.... but I probably was a few drinks in by the time the food came out. LOL. Sorry.

love love love RFP!! Last year on the Magic, it was our roll call groups "hang out". you'd find a group of us sitting on the outside part eating, drinking, and having a good time, after being inside to play the nightly trivia!

This year on the Dream, boy did we miss it! (we sailed with some of the same people we met last year on the roll call!) it was just the Red Frog Rum Bar. no food, no hang out spot. very sad!

but next year on the Breeze, we're so excited to have it back!! (and we're sailing again with the same group of people of the roll call!)