Western vs. Eastern

RSLeesburg

I know that there are people who favor Eastern and those who favor Western and those who don't care one way or the other...LOL But I am curious about the differences and why people prefer one over the other...

Somehow fate has worked against me, and I now have three Western cruises booked. We booked Thanksgiving 2015 on Freedom and Thanksgiving 2016 on Harmony, and we just recently booked Disney Fantasy for one of their spring Star Wars cruises because we had friends who booked this cruise and begged us to join them.

Now, I don't want to cancel any of these cruises - Thanksgiving works well for our family, and we are joining friends on the Disney cruise, so cannot move that cruise. But I am a little worried about going on three Western cruises in a row. Should I be?

First I will say you will love Freedom.

I loved Grand Cayman. I love beautiful beaches and water. So we always head to 7 mile beach.

I truly dislike Jamaica , all of it. Oh I know many will boo at me.

So I say try it once if for no other reason you get to go to Grand Cayman. Stay on the ship or be careful in Jamaica. Again just my opinion but I won't go back.

Souther or Eastern has incredible beaches and snorkeling I said that's why we go to Caribbean. Also great shopping. Jewelry/electronics . After many times to Caribbean that Our favorite

I hope you are fortunate like I have been and able to experience both .

Just my opinion...first, look at the ship(s) you will be taking. Each ship has something different to offer. Second, each port has multiple excursions or things to do on your own. Many times we can't decide between a couple excursions. So if you go back to the same island, you have the opportunity to try something different. I also would like to have a time where I go and either use a taxi or an excursion where we actually spend time seeing the actual island. Many times we do an excursion and its on the water or the beach. Yes I've been to st Thomas twice and going the third time...but I don't consider that I really was able to see the island itself. Jamaica and grand cayman for example have a ton of excursions to do so seeing the island multiple times allow you to do quite a bit. You also have the opportunity to just stay on the ship and enjoy having the pool area, dining areas, etc a bit quieter. I stayed on ship the first time to grand cayman because I couldn't do the stingray city catamaran (due to vertigo/sea sickness lol). I had the solarium almost to myself. It was very relaxing. I did get off the ship the second time to grand cayman. Again...everyone has a different opinion...but since you are going with different ships and different group of people. So I say go for it and keep all 3 cruises. If nothing else, enjoy the ship when it isn't crowded and relax on vacation. And...harmony being a brand new ship...how cool! You can provide a review and pictures for all of us on CC!

We love Western itinerary, as we love Mexico, and strongly dislike Bahamas... It's all personal taste.

Look at it this way - it's three different ships. And I'm sure there's a few different ports. Harmony will mainly be all about the ship, especially if it's repeating any ports from the other two cruises. So, no worries there. You'll have a great time on all three. Do different excursions in each port to change it up if you need to.....

Enjoy!!

First I will say you will love Freedom.

I loved Grand Cayman. I love beautiful beaches and water. So we always head to 7 mile beach.

I truly dislike Jamaica , all of it. Oh I know many will boo at me.

So I say try it once if for no other reason you get to go to Grand Cayman. Stay on the ship or be careful in Jamaica. Again just my opinion but I won't go back.

Souther or Eastern has incredible beaches and snorkeling I said that's why we go to Caribbean. Also great shopping. Jewelry/electronics . After many times to Caribbean that Our favorite

I hope you are fortunate like I have been and able to experience both .

A funny story about Freedom. We were sailing on Grandeur over Thanksgiving 2014, and on first sea day my wife and I go and price out a few cruises for the following year. The next morning we stop at Port Canaveral. We go to Cocoa Beach and Ron Jon for the day, and then back to ship. We get there just in time to see a parade of ships leaving - two Carnival ships, Freedom, and the Magic. Well Freedom pulls up beside us and it's all horns, waves, and cheers, but then there comes this chant from Freedom saying "our ship is bigger than yours"...LOL. Well my wife turns to me and says, book us on that ship next year... :).

We love Western itinerary, as we love Mexico, and strongly dislike Bahamas... It's all personal taste.

Look at it this way - it's three different ships. And I'm sure there's a few different ports. Harmony will mainly be all about the ship, especially if it's repeating any ports from the other two cruises. So, no worries there. You'll have a great time on all three. Do different excursions in each port to change it up if you need to.....

Enjoy!!

Yes. I am super excited to try three different ships, and your young son is going to love Aquaduck and Harmony slides and water park. I am still up in air about excursions. I love planning the cruises and booking them, but have a hard time figuring out what to do at places. I see something that looks interesting to me, but my wife does not like it or it's too long or boring for our son, so I don't book or plan anything in advance - we just kind of wing it...lol

I know that there are people who favor Eastern and those who favor Western and those who don't care one way or the other...LOL But I am curious about the differences and why people prefer one over the other...

Somehow fate has worked against me, and I now have three Western cruises booked. We booked Thanksgiving 2015 on Freedom and Thanksgiving 2016 on Harmony, and we just recently booked Disney Fantasy for one of their spring Star Wars cruises because we had friends who booked this cruise and begged us to join them.

Now, I don't want to cancel any of these cruises - Thanksgiving works well for our family, and we are joining friends on the Disney cruise, so cannot move that cruise. But I am a little worried about going on three Western cruises in a row. Should I be?

My cruise buddy and I love snorkeling, so it's Western by a mile. Grand Caymans and Cozumel have great reefs. No comparison to the Eastern route.

My wife and I love Jamaica and love to explore outside the gates. There's nothing different about Jam other that the people are more poor and look and sound different. Grand Cayman reminded my wife and I of central Florida. Not too exciting but the beaches were nice.