When Will NCL Cancel?

ibrinn

If Norwegian is going to cancel a cruise, how close to sailing does it usually happen?

I'm getting a little nervous reading these posts about cancelled cruises. We are sailing on the Gem - Nov 13th to 23rd 2015 and from what I can gather, we are the first sailing after drydock.

If Norwegian is going to cancel a cruise, how close to sailing does it usually happen?

I'm getting a little nervous reading these posts about cancelled cruises. We are sailing on the Gem - Nov 13th to 23rd 2015 and from what I can gather, we are the first sailing after drydock.

A lot depends on the reason for the cancellation and how soon before sailing the issue crops up. There may be a small chance that the Gem might be delayed in dry dock. They don't like to cancel cruises, so that's on your side.

Whenever they want.....I have never seen as many cancellations on other lines. NCL IMO seems to be the worst with it.

6&8

The only time they would cancel so close to sailing would be if they had to keep in drydock longer for some unknowen reason, which is very unlikely.

Cancellation due to itinerary changes are announced a year of more in advance and those cancelled due to chartering at least 6 months if not longer. Don't get nervous and don't let this keep you from planning a great vacation

Whenever they want.....I have never seen as many cancellations on other lines. NCL IMO seems to be the worst with it.

6&8

can you give an example of last minute cancelling they have done? Can you give an example as to when they have cancelled in order to charter the ship without a decent amount of time to help people make other plans? Are you familiar with how often other ships cancel in order to sell a charter?

The recent mass cancelling has to do with a total change in itineraries that will take place starting 15 months from the time announced. This is the only time I have ever seen this done.

It is very rare that a cruise is canceled less than a six months out and they try for a least a year or longer. Pretty much the only way they would cancel a November 2015 cruise would be if mechanical issues (or some other unforeseen emergency) arose that required a drydock to correct.