Cape Canaveral to Orlando airport

NorthernOntario

Just wondering. .. returning busiest time, the end of march break for students and teachers to ontario, what are the chances of making a 1145am flight when docking at port Canaveral at 730 am off the Disney magic? What time can we get off the ship? The earliest? We have a group of us heading down but a teacher needs to catch that fight. Any experiences or recommendations would be great! Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Depends on the risk you want to take? My experiences- with getting off the ship, priority, had me changing a flight around this time, to a later one, on the way there. :) Another time, I ran into over an hour in the security process- and YES precheck- still randomly searched. Lines snaked outside the area. A third time, long lines at the check in counter to check bags- and yes, using the kiosks. :) This is all in the last 2 years.

I don't have smooth "sailing" at Orlando. Always, loads of slower families, infrequent vacation travelers- all who seem to slow up the lines on cruise ship days.

IF you continue with this time- then have private shuttle service, and be in line ready to exit the ship- as soon as it clears with self walk off. Be certain- to know the facts of the ticket purchase and what "rebooking" options you may have. Do NOT expect to get out the same day- if you miss the flight. Orlando has some very high loads and more sold out flights on cruise ship days.

For the individual teacher who must be back -- try for it -- good chance you will make it and you might even try for the early flight transfer bus (PLEASE check that they will allow an earlier or priority disembarkation). For the group I would try for something later -- where a few individuals might make it a large group won't unless you have your own transportation --van or bus if group large enough. These are just my thoughts no proof. Disney does a great job of being efficient on a large scale but they don't control everything and there is a longish drive to MCO.

Good Luck (and in my 30 year teaching career I knew many a teacher who "missed" the plane and did not get back for the day's classes -- none were fired but a little time in dog house. Not there --oh my bad! :D )

This question comes up all the time on the Florida Departures Board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=495

That is where I would be asking it rather than here.

Also post it on the Disney board where you can ask those who recently have arrived to Port Canaveral about their experience.

Keith