Footwear in spa?

**maria**

Can you use your own flip flops? Do they allow footwear that has been used outdoors?

No limitation. We usually wear some type of sandals, though on occasion I have worn tennis shoes in, it is not an issue.

Thanks for the info.

I'm sooo looking forward to use the spa, relax a little, read my book, etc.

Is there a limit to the time you can spend in there? I mean, is it okay to stay several hours reading a book or do you need to leave after a certain time?

Since the spa doesn't provide any footwear, you have to provide your own. No one checks the footwear you are wearing. You can wear your own flip flops though I didn't pay extra attention to anyone's footwear except that a few people did walk around barefoot. We wore our outdoor sandals we had worn during the port stops.

There isn't any limit to how much time you can spend in the spa either. You can stay in there as long as you want. Saw people reading during our visits. There is a beverage station with hot water, a tea bag selection, dispensers for spa water, etc... Really cool view when the ship sailed into Nassau.

Josiane

The loungers on the aft deck have a 30 minute time limit posted, which I think is reasonable since they are in high demand. This is not to say all people abide by the limit; they don't! I don't recall seeing a sign posted for the other loungers.

As an aside, whatever shoes you wear make sure they are non-slip. I found the Epic spa most slippery. I had old Croc thongs on and about fell. The ribbing on the bottom of them had worn down. Bare feet was easier, but still slick.

The spa is awesome...my favorite to date!

Thanks for the info.

I'm sooo looking forward to use the spa, relax a little, read my book, etc.

Is there a limit to the time you can spend in there? I mean, is it okay to stay several hours reading a book or do you need to leave after a certain time?

Hi Maria,

You are so welcome!

I just want to clarify that I had missed that you had mentioned you are going to be on the Epic until I read asubaru's post about loungers on the aft deck. I was on the 8/1 sailing on the Getaway (which has the spa forward) which is why being in the hydrotherapy pool while sailing into Nassau was awesome. But the spas are operated by the same company so it should all work the same.

I just looked up November cruises on Epic and think your cruise will be amazing. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks Josiane. I'm getting more and more excited but need to wait another three months unfortunately :(

Josiane

I wore flip flops but left them in my spa locker because most of the time I'm in the water circuit and I don't bother to take up a chair or anything that I might not get back to for a long time. There are towels readily available in the spa, so I just go in my swimsuit and get in the water circuit and get a towel later on if I want to go in the sauna or whatever.

The loungers on the aft deck have a 30 minute time limit posted, which I think is reasonable since they are in high demand. This is not to say all people abide by the limit; they don't! I don't recall seeing a sign posted for the other loungers.

Oh that must be new.... I never saw a sign out there in 2013 and I sat out there for hours.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

The heated tile loungers have a 30 minute limit. The other ones don't. Best spa I have been to!!! I stayed a couple of hours each day and read and relaxed.

I did that too about 2 years ago, too. But the signs are there now. You can't leave your towel or robe on them and go do something else. If you do and someone wants to use a lounger they move your towel/robe to the window area. I saw it done more than once. I'm sure if there aren't many people there it would be ok.

Deb