Dress on Seabourn

mljatsea

Good you brought this up...I almost did. But then, SS clarified "their" definition of formal, which may not be aggreable to many...including myself. Personally, when I cruise I like to dress up on formal nights, and I like to encounter and enjoy the formal ambiance. However, that's only me.

It's not only you,it's me too

I don't understand why a dress code is such a difficult concept for people to understand. I prefer to dress casually, but if I go to a restaurant that requires a coat and tie you can be assured I will respect the dress code, and I would guess I would be summarily turned away if I refused to comply. Seabourn simply needs to empower its employees to enforce the dress codes and refuse service to those who are unwilling to comply.

Capri73,

Well, that was some time ago- the last time you noticed how well people apparently dressed on the small ships. All I can say is that with the arrival of this new demographic there have been some "new ideas" by those who say "I spends my money and do what I wanna do" which for some reason we see all too often. I mean middle aged or older couples wearing sweaty lycra and swimsuits with a towel in the Observation Bar at 18:45? Sickening.

I am with pdx13. That logic is water-tight as far as enforcing the rules is concerned and I would add, as I did above, that new and more appropriate signage outside the MDR, the Club and Observation Bar would help Seabourn staff educate the more obstinate passengers as to what everyone expects. Including them to gain entry. Or go back to the pool deck.

Happy sailing!

If we are going to require the staff to enforce dress code then they also need to force parents of unruly kids to make them stop screaming, running and otherwise annoying passengers. That's much more annoying to me than someone without a jacket.

Capri73,

Well, that was some time ago- the last time you noticed how well people apparently dressed on the small ships. All I can say is that with the arrival of this new demographic there have been some "new ideas" by those who say "I spends my money and do what I wanna do" which for some reason we see all too often. I mean middle aged or older couples wearing sweaty lycra and swimsuits with a towel in the Observation Bar at 18:45? Sickening.

I am with pdx13. That logic is water-tight as far as enforcing the rules is concerned and I would add, as I did above, that new and more appropriate signage outside the MDR, the Club and Observation Bar would help Seabourn staff educate the more obstinate passengers as to what everyone expects. Including them to gain entry. Or go back to the pool deck.

Happy sailing!

What say you Markham that we instigate a points system when guests come into the MDR.

We all have numbers from 1-10 and raise them as we see fit when guests walk in.[emoji16]

A complete 10 for every evening and you get a free cruise.

I know I'd win[emoji12]

Edited by Mr Luxury

If we are going to require the staff to enforce dress code then they also need to force parents of unruly kids to make them stop screaming, running and otherwise annoying passengers. That's much more annoying to me than someone without a jacket.

I think the jacket issue is a bit of a red herring.

As I have stated before I have no issue with no jacket. What I don't appreciate is those who push it further and wear jeans and collarless long sleeve T-shirts in the MDR. Or various other forms of casual day wear. Even attempting to get in with shorts. There is the option of eating at the Patio Grill if you want to go casual.

Julie

Edited by frantic36

[/b]

I think the jacket issue is a bit of a red herring.

As I have stated before I have no issue with no jacket. What I don't appreciate is those who push it further and wear jeans and collarless long sleeve T-shirts in the MDR. Or various other forms of casual day wear. Even attempting to get in with shorts. There is the option of eating at the Patio Grill if you want to go casual.

Julie

You can't trust those Aussies can you Julie[emoji3]