Noro Virus/dirty diapers

Watson's aunt

Hi

A park here In New England has a lot of sick people. Not sure if it a pond or lake.

Does HAl let kids with diapers in thier pools. Also is the pools still adult only? On one of my cruises there were kids in there. I know some ships have two pools. As we know most parents do not pay attention to thier kids in the pool

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/2015/08/22/park-illness-may-dirty-diapers/32200277/

Few ships let ANYONE in diapers in the pools...not many have baby "splash" zones. None of the main pools will allow those in diapers or not "potty trained" in the pools.

Frequently, swimming "lakes" get all kinds of intestinal illnesses. Gross.

Edited by cb at sea

Hi

A park here In New England has a lot of sick people. Not sure if it a pond or lake.

Does HAl let kids with diapers in thier pools. Also is the pools still adult only? On one of my cruises there were kids in there. I know some ships have two pools. As we know most parents do not pay attention to thier kids in the pool

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/news/local/2015/08/22/park-illness-may-dirty-diapers/32200277/

After reading the article, it's pretty clear that they don't know what caused the problem. "Commissioner of Forests, Parks and Recreation Michael Snyder says the state has closed the beach while it tries to identify the source of the illnesses."

There aren't a lot of babies on HAL ships, and they're pretty easy to spot. What we need is a way to identify Vermonters and keep them out of the pools until the state can figure out which Vermont residents are causing the "nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea." ;)

Edited by POA1

On the HAL ships where there are 2 pools, the aft pool is supposed to be for adults only. But every once in a while we have seen children in it.

I have seen it many times at the Sea View Pool and no one does a thing about it and many of the parents don't even watch their children. Grr.:(

Hi

I think kids should be banned from travelling especially in prams, cabs, ships, airplanes, autos and how about from diapers. Those awful parents put them in diapers, better still lock them up.:rolleyes:

I think kids should be banned from travelling especially in prams, cabs, ships, airplanes, autos and how about from diapers. Those awful parents put them in diapers, better still lock them up.:rolleyes:

Your sarcasm adds little to the discussion of a very serious topic.

In the past few years I have seen fewer parents breaking the rule about no children in diapers. Perhaps now they are more conscious of the health hazard.

It's not just children in diapers that can cause problems. More and more adults wear Depends and other similar items for incontinence. I've seen them go into pools on ships. They shouldn't. . .but they do. As a result, I no longer use pools and hot tubs on ships.