Illusionarium on the Getaway - any seating for 2?

timmo44

I have searched and searched for this so forgive me if it has been answered before. We are travelling as a couple and I was wondering if there are any tables for two for Illusionarium so we don't end up thrown in with people arguing/drunk/loud as has happened before (on the Epic sat next a couple who were mid row - and in a booth!)

We are very much sit at the back out of the way people and on the Breakaway we've always headed for one of the restricted space booths with space only for 3. I have studied the Google images of the show space and can't really tell.

Any info appreciated.

The tables surrounding the stage are for 6 - 8 and then as you go back further, where you can't really see up into the dome where they project part of the show above the stage, there are booths at the back that went completely unused when were were in the Illusionarium.

We got a loser table mate as well - guy was drinking heavily and constantly asking his wife to order him more and more booze. When she told him no, he stormed out mid show endangering the cast who were making quick entrances and exits from various places in the theater. Honestly, I was glad they were gone. The servers were confused, though as they didn't have anyone to present their bar bill to at the end. I suppose the servers were able to figure out who those people were from their reservation. I saw them later around the ship and it seemed that the man was constantly asking the wife to order more booze for him. Very miserable way to spend your vacation babysitting a drunk husband constantly wanting more and more alcohol.

There is no specific seating for 2. It's banquet seating, so you will be seated with others. We were a party of 3 placed at a 6 top table with a couple we didn't know. Unless you are part of a large group, you will share a table.

My wife and I had a table for two right next to the stage.

It was next to the ramp that goes up to the stage on the right side.

Aha, so table for two but almost part of the show... Which is the lesser risk? I know my wife would be right up for sitting next to stage but me not so much!

Edited by timmo44
punctuation

We got a loser table mate as well - guy was drinking heavily and constantly asking his wife to order him more and more booze. When she told him no, he stormed out mid show endangering the cast who were making quick entrances and exits from various places in the theater. Honestly, I was glad they were gone. The servers were confused, though as they didn't have anyone to present their bar bill to at the end. I suppose the servers were able to figure out who those people were from their reservation. I saw them later around the ship and it seemed that the man was constantly asking the wife to order more booze for him. Very miserable way to spend your vacation babysitting a drunk husband constantly wanting more and more alcohol.

This is exactly the issue. You can get away with it when you are in a group of 4+ for example, but as a couple it's a little too personal when it goes bad or you get the problem individual sharing your personal space.

Hi there, We were seated at a table for two at the illusionarium. We were there early. I have to say that we only saw two of these tables but there may have been more. It was purely by chance. We were right next to the stage and enjoyed the show. Hope you have a good cruise!