Blue Lagoon Excursion through Royal

Anyone done the Blue Lagoon Island Deluxe Beach Break excursion through Royal? I've noticed it on other RCL cruises and last week it showed up on our list. We are coming with out two kids who will be 10.5 and 6.5 years.

The excursion starts at 8am and only runs for 4 hrs (short stay in Nassau). So I am wondering if it's worth it. Thoughts?

Also, can anyone confirm that you can see the dolphins without the encounter or swim? We're ok just seeing them and not needing to be right with them.

And anyone know the additional cost of using the aqua park? My older one would probably enjoy that. (My younger one is just learning to swim)

The place looks great with lots to do. Our alternative for Nassau would be to walk to Junkanoo beach with browsing the shops on the way. Much cheaper ($0 vs $350 CA).

Any feedback from someone who has done this excursion for the short time in Nassau?

We did this in July

The place itself IS lovely and you can see the Dolphins as you get off the boat that takes you there

4 hours includes getting you there and back (20 mins e/w)

By the time you settle down on the beach, which is lovely you feel obliged to get your included food.

Then its time to leave !!!!

If there was a cheaper option without food it would work better IMHO

Thanks for the feedback. This beach looks great...with floats and mats included, seeing dolphins and sea lions, and optional aqua park as extra (not sure how much extra). Wish there was more time as it doesn't sound like you get that much time to enjoy it (this is the same issue with Atlantis).

(Lunch isn't a huge deal since we need to return to the boat so could just grab something onboard).

I absolutely loved the trip to Blue Lagoon. I chose not to do lunch there and had it once back on the ship - gave me extra time for sunbathing! Due to the early arrival time, it was not busy at all. Later in the day more tours arrived from other cruise ships but it was time for the boat back to the ship, so it worked out really well.

Whilst waiting for the boat back, we watched the dolphin and sea lion interactions and there were others swimming around in the larger pools.

Part of the beach and aqua park:

797_zpss0pflhmn.jpg

Interaction area:

805_zps67c2nons.jpg

I copied this from my enchantment review. We did Blue Lagoon last year and loved it. The $19 "kiss" with the dolphin was well worth it. We still have those pictures out.

Nassau: We did the Blue Lagoon Beach Day. It was a great excursion. We loved the boat ride over. The island was not crowded at all and again we had a stretch of beach to ourselves. We did the “guest photo”. For $19 each, we got into the water and a dolphin kissed us. We got to keep the photo. We really lucked up. We timed it perfectly. At 11:00am the trainers were coming off of break and the encounter and swim people were up doing their training. So after our picture, the trainer let us stay in the water and interact with the dolphin. We got to pet it, rub its belly and rub its teeth. We more than got our $19 worth! As we were waiting for the boat one of the dolphins started a game of catch with Arianna. He would take a ball and throw it with his mouth to her on the dock. She would catch it and throw it back. It was adorable. She says it was the highlight of her trip. Lunch on Blue Lagoon is included in the beach day and was very good. We were very happy with the day.

Here is a link of Arianna playing catch with the dolphin. It was totally unplanned and so cute!

http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/smn73/media/dolphin_zps682e6409.mp4.html

Edited by SMN73

Thank you both. Great pictures and videos. Thank you.

Was your excursion also just 4 hrs? And curious is it's a private ferry for the cruise as I know the public times are really restricted.

For the dolphin sightings, it looks like this is near the ferry docking? I haven't heard of the $19 extra charge, which is obviously better than the dolphin encounter (which is $193CAD per person x 4 people...unfortunately too much)

Edited by LuCruise

Was your excursion also just 4 hrs?

For the dolphin sightings, it looks like this is near the ferry docking? I haven't heard of the $19 extra charge, which is obviously better than the dolphin encounter (which is $193CAD per person x 4 people...unfortunately too much)

We were in Nassau from 7am-midnight so we had a lot more time. We took the ferry over there that morning and I think took one of that latest ferries back...I think around 1 or 2. They leave at certain times during the afternoon. Once you get there, you leave when you feel like it. What time frame are you in port?

Yes, where the video was is near the ferry docking. They had been feeding some of the dolphins. It was very interactive the day we were there. We heard about the $19 kiss photo here on these boards. We booked the $65(or whatever it is now) beach day. Then when we got to Blue Lagoon we went to the gift shop area and told them we wanted the kiss photos. They told us when to be back and that was that. That was last year. I would think they still do that, but it wouldn't hurt to shoot them an email to make sure.

Edited by SMN73

We were in Nassau from 7am-midnight so we had a lot more time. We took the ferry over there that morning and I think took one of that latest ferries back...I think around 1 or 2. They leave at certain times during the afternoon. Once you get there, you leave when you feel like it. What time frame are you in port?

Yes, where the video was is near the ferry docking. They had been feeding some of the dolphins. It was very interactive the day we were there. We heard about the $19 kiss photo here on these boards. We booked the $65(or whatever it is now) beach day. Then when we got to Blue Lagoon we went to the gift shop area and told them we wanted the kiss photos. They told us when to be back and that was that. That was last year. I would think they still do that, but it wouldn't hurt to shoot them an email to make sure.

That's much better timing. I wouldn't question Blue Lagoon, or we'd even to Atlantis water park if we had more time. Our cruise however, is only in from 7am - 2pm. The excursion is listed as 4hrs and starts at 8am....so guess it's from 8am - 12pm, which I'm assuming includes the travel time.

We did the Blue Lagoon a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. It was not too crowded. We were able to watch the dolphins and I think Sea Lions for a few minutes. I would do this Beach Break again with Lunch for sure! Enjoy your day!

Was your excursion also just 4 hrs? And curious is it's a private ferry for the cruise as I know the public times are really restricted.

Yes, it was around that - I can't remember exactly - may have been slightly longer (but only very slightly). I was also on Allure when I did the trip.

It was a private ferry that took us over. We met on the pier next to the ship and then walked as a group to the far end near the port entrance. There was a boat waiting for us there. When we were dropped off, there was a board stating what time our boat back was.

The interaction/experience area is right opposite where you get on and off the boat to/from the island.

Yes, it was around that - I can't remember exactly - may have been slightly longer (but only very slightly). I was also on Allure when I did the trip.

It was a private ferry that took us over. We met on the pier next to the ship and then walked as a group to the far end near the port entrance. There was a boat waiting for us there. When we were dropped off, there was a board stating what time our boat back was.

The interaction/experience area is right opposite where you get on and off the boat to/from the island.

Thanks for the info. Great that it is a private ferry.

One more question...I'm reading reviews and someone is saying that it is 1hr boat ride. Is that true? I thought it was more like 20 minutes each way???

Thanks for the info. Great that it is a private ferry.

One more question...I'm reading reviews and someone is saying that it is 1hr boat ride. Is that true? I thought it was more like 20 minutes each way???

I honestly can't remember how long it was. It wasn't 20 minutes - but the seas were a little rough the day I did it, so we went a little slower, but it definitely wasn't an hour either! I have looked at pictures I took on the way over and I reckon that day it was around 35 minutes.

heres a pic of the prices, the pdf is a better view.

Awesome. Thank you.

I assume that the aqua park with the cool slides, climbers, etc is the $15 per person (as opposed to the $39 pp). My DS would love that, and then DH would go with him. And so smart it comes with a life jacket!

The Royal excursion says that it includes the use mats, tubes and noodles so I guess the prices listed are for those that come to Blue Lagoon without a ship excursion.

I was thinking about it, and I just paid $500 for us to see a Broadway show...which is 2.5 hrs of fun....so guess paying $350 for 4hrs for Blue Lagoon isn't so bad...right? ;) ...trying to justify the cost :D

We went about 2.5 years ago and loved it! Loved it so much that we're going back in a couple weeks on our upcoming Oasis cruise! Got to see others interact with dolphins. Saw sea lions, great beach, good food and an all around great time! Can't wait to go back!

Although a short visit, it beats 4 hours of doing nothing!

We went about 2.5 years ago and loved it! Loved it so much that we're going back in a couple weeks on our upcoming Oasis cruise! Got to see others interact with dolphins. Saw sea lions, great beach, good food and an all around great time! Can't wait to go back!

Although a short visit, it beats 4 hours of doing nothing!

Thanks for the feedback. And so good to hear you're even going again.

How much actual beach time did you have (i.e. time to enjoy the place...so minus travel time)? I agree that better than doing nothing as people seem to say bad things about Nassau...and this beach does look beautiful (esp compared wtih Junkanoo which is our alternative). And the fact that there are floats and things for our kids is a big bonus.

Enjoy your upcomming cruise!

Edited by LuCruise