Can someone help me recall name of Miami hotel?

Beach_gal

I'm trying to remember the hotel we stayed post cruise in 2010 and despite combing through all my old cruise emails and perusing photos, I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I've read through many threads on this discussion board hoping something familiar pops out, but so far, nothing.

The hotel had a pool that backed up to some sort of canal or waterway with chaise loungers facing it, and it was within walking distance to a Cuban restaurant. I'm pretty sure the Cuban restaurant was in a strip mall and not a free standing restaurant.

Ugh this is driving me crazy as I want to book there again!

Does anyone have an idea of where this might be? If you can give me some possible names, I could go on Trip Advisor and look through pictures to hopefully confirm.

Location? Near airport? Near downtown? south of cruise port? north of cruise port? West of airport?

If near the airport, you might be thinking of a hotel in the Blue Lagoon area. There's a Caribbean/Cuban place nearby in a shopping area, Casa Juan(?). You could walk there, but I wouldn't exactly consider it walking friendly to get to.

I'm trying to remember the hotel we stayed post cruise in 2010 and despite combing through all my old cruise emails and perusing photos, I cannot for the life of me remember the name. I've read through many threads on this discussion board hoping something familiar pops out, but so far, nothing.

The hotel had a pool that backed up to some sort of canal or waterway with chaise loungers facing it, and it was within walking distance to a Cuban restaurant. I'm pretty sure the Cuban restaurant was in a strip mall and not a free standing restaurant.

Ugh this is driving me crazy as I want to book there again!

Does anyone have an idea of where this might be? If you can give me some possible names, I could go on Trip Advisor and look through pictures to hopefully confirm.

What part of Miami? I could name 50 hotels this could be but without knowing which part of Miami we can't help.

I'm so sorry for the confusion. I have been scouring Google Maps all day, slowly moving up the coast. It turns out it was in Hollywood and the hotel was Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach and the restaurant was Padrino's Cuban Cuisine.

Great pool area and that restaurant fantastic. Too bad the location is very inconvenient. Even if we fly out of FLL after a cruise from Miami, with the lack of airport shuttles it just doesn't make sense.