suggestion for places to eat/drink w/beach view

Rachipooh7

Hey!! Does anyone have any recommendations for places to eat and drink with a beach view in Cozumel? That isn't senor frogs/charlies etc etc

we are just looking to gander around and find a good place to relax and enjoy the view! :)

much appreciated for the tips! :) :p

Beach view? Or ocean view?

If ocean- I recommend Money Bar. Their food and drinks are excellent.

Personally, I've never been too impressed with Cozumel's beaches, so I can't help you there.

Most of the places I really drool over the food though are in town, no view.

Beach view? Or ocean view?

If ocean- I recommend Money Bar. Their food and drinks are excellent.

Personally, I've never been too impressed with Cozumel's beaches, so I can't help you there.

Most of the places I really drool over the food though are in town, no view.

Thank you for the recommendation!! Is the money bar walking distance or taxi?! :)

I'm pretty open to beach/ocean view or no view at all :) We just want to walk around and find good little hole in the wall places!! :)

I went to Money Bar in December 2014 by taxi(can't remember the cost but it was posted on the board at the taxi stand). Great place to just sit and watch the ocean. I did enjoy walking on the rocks and exploring what I called tide pools. I did snorkel(brought my own but they do rent) and it was fun as I did not have to go out far to see lots of things. My husband had an hour massage and loved it. We had nachos and drinks and others around us has huge plates of chicken lunch(we wished we had ordered that!). I would highly recommend Money Bar!

If you want to head to the east side (longer and more expensive taxi ride), You can try Playa Bonita or Chen Rio for beach and ocean views. There's a small lagoon at Chen Rio where you can swim. Their whole snapper is excellent. I liked Playa Bonita's shrimp gorditas, not sure if they have them still. And there's also Coconuts, which sits at the highest point on the island. Great views, including the "décor" on the inside. :D Decent bar, more Americanized style food (what you're used to eating at your local Mexican place) and the prices are reflective of it's tourista popularity. Also Rasta's/Bob Marley's/Paradise Café at the turn from the west side to the east side. Good beach, good ceviche and other seafood.

Make sure you bring cash if you go to the east side- there is no electricity over there to run a credit card! Dollars will do.

(Of course, cash works in town and on the west side too; but if you aren't someone who likes to carry a lot, you can use a credit card almost everywhere; though NOT for taxis.)

You might ask the taxi driver if they know the condition of the east side beaches- the sea weed bloom has been really bad this year; so depending on when your trip is, it might be really smelly. The west side has not been hit as hard, and the beach clubs have been making a huge effort to clean it up. East side is a bit more rustic.

If you want to go into town and enjoy a cheap local meal, I recommend the Comida del Dia at Casa Cuzimil. 70 pesos and you get chips and salsa, soup, a huge plate with meat, beans, and rice, and a drink. They had 3 options when we were there. SO GOOD. No view at all though. If you dock at Punta Langosta you could walk, the other piers I'd take a taxi.

Wow, thank you all for the wonderful suggestions!! Our cruise is at the end of October :) so we have some time to figure out what we want to do! :)

I'll do some research on what you all suggested!! :) Thank you again! :p:D