Internet Packages - Advance Purchase?

colliercruiser

Is there any advantage to purchasing an Internet package before the cruise versus after on board?

None, unless you choose as a BBB perk when booking and find no value in a drinks package that it would take the place of.

But no discounts on land, and I don't think they offer any on board either, but at least if you wait to board, you MAY get lucky and find a promotional offer one day.

1 gets a discount on the internet pkg based on ur membership level..Got a whopping 10% off the unlimited pkg on our 2 week British Isles cruise

I don't have a high enough membership level, but we will staying in a Celebrity suite. But I don't believe those come with any discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have a high enough membership level, but we will staying in a Celebrity suite. But I don't believe those come with any discount.

Being in a celebrity suite, you will most likely receive the same coupon sheet as elite members do, so you may be able to get the discount if you ask.

The coupons are not a guaranteed or documented perk, but I have yet to have a suite without them being there, sometimes I get the elite coupons in addition to the coupons that corresponded to my Captain's club level.

Is there any advantage to purchasing an Internet package before the cruise versus after on board?

Well, the Unlimited package is now at $199 instead of $299. This could be a short-term offer or market test, which would make purchasing now reasonable.

Well, the Unlimited package is now at $199 instead of $299. This could be a short-term offer or market test, which would make purchasing now reasonable.

how long is the cruise?? Just off the Silhouette--2 week British Isles and it was $299. decent speeds.

Not unless it's your first Celebrity cruise.

According to Celebrity's web site:

Classic Member Benefits*

(after completing your first sailing**)

• 10% off any single Internet package (restrictions may apply)

Select Member Benefits*

(150-299 earned Club Points**)

Many of The Benefits Of Classic Membership Plus:

• 25% off any single Internet package (restrictions may apply)

And higher levels receive free Internet minutes (or I suppose can choose to take 25% off of an Internet package).

Somewhere I read that people have received 10 and 25% discounts.

I still see the $299 price online, but that may be due to a 12-day cruise.

how long is the cruise?? Just off the Silhouette--2 week British Isles and it was $299. decent speeds.

This is a 7-day Alaskan. Price was $299 earlier this month but was reduced sometime in the past week to 10 days. Maybe they are reducing all 7-day, which might seem reasonable or fair.

• 5 weeks later...

To get very specific....

1. Ship Departs Barcelona and next port is Valencia - both Spanish ports.

2. Once the ship departs Barcelona and is 12 miles out, is the VAT still applied

because of both ports being Spanish?

--or--

3. Because the ship is 12 miles out, the VAT is NOT applied.

This makes a BIG DIFFERENCE with a 25% discount not being virtually cancelled out with the VAT assessment. I'd really enjoy having unlimited internet with my 25% Elite level discount!

You will need to ask on board. I would think once 12 miles out the charge does not apply since you are not "in" Spain. Should not matter where the cruise ends. On the Equinox leaving FLL you pay Florida sales tax on anything bought - Internet, food, drinks etc. - until the ship is 12 miles out. I bought internet daily package after we left first Spanish port with no VAT. The cruise ended in Spain.

Great info! Thanx to cruisestitch and az_tchr.

The cruise ends in Ft. Lauderdale. Starts in Barcelona with additional stop- offs at two Spanish ports in the Mediterranean followed by two Spanish island stops in the Canary islands.

Your input about waiting to sign up until 12 miles out from Barcelona makes sense...and hopefully will, indeed, avoid the VAT.

I'm excited by having unlimited internet with their package plus my 25% discount for being Elite. No longer would there be that nagging need to zippily log in to read in the email, log out to read it and compose responses, and then zip in to send the responses. Whatta chore!

I noticed some time ago that Royal Caribbean ships were being outfitted with faster internet, and was hoping that they would also begin outfitting it on the Celebrity ships. With the Equinox being their "trial run" it sounds like it's coming to pass. At least, that is what the Celebrity email marketing messages are implying. Good for everybody!

It was $199 on Summit in August too. 7 day Bermuda. With 25% discount due to being Emerald with RCI it was $149. It was slow, but way better than nothing.

I'm on the Equinox at the end of November and they offered a "Zenith 70% Off Unlimited Internet" package for $100 (CAD$119.30). I booked it and it shows up on my reservation. I'm in a Concierge cabin and at "Select" level.

Great Deal!!

Was this through the website?

I have a 5-night on Eclipse in December and I'm waiting to see which one of us blinks first, me or X. I only have 'dumb' Internet options available so far:

$59/24 hrs = Almost $300 for the 5-night cruise. No thank you.

$59/90 minutes = Apparently this option has been left on the site for people who are extremely mathematically challenged.

"Social Internet Package", $109/4 hrs = For people who are mathematically challenged in a slightly different way, but still significantly so.

Needless to say I'm not pre-booking any of these, in hopes of actual sanity on board.

No idea what the Zenith internet package is. It was on the internet packages offered on my cruise. No description or idea of any details except they use the words unlimited.

Does X actually have a reason to prebook? Have they cut the pricing fro internet? Hope someone cruising shortly calls and asks.

It may be for the Equinox only, as I've seen other posts talking about an upgrade done on that ship. If it's offered, it will be in your cruise planner. It wasn't in my cruise planner last week.

Thanks for the quick response. I suppose I'm holding out some hope that Eclipse will follow soon.