fruit juice in rum runners?

snorkelman

For those of you who have smuggled booze on board with a rum runner, have you ever tried any fruit juices? For example, pineapple juice as a mixer?

I was curious because I assume if I try and bring fruit juices in little cans, it may result in my luggage being held in the naughty room. So, I have some run runners left over and was thinking to just put the fruit juice in them.

Also, once you open the fruit juice and pour it into the rum runner, how long will it last? Will it "go bad" before the end of a 7 day cruise?

My memory of the mini fridges available are usually that they are barely coolers and they don't really keep anything cold.

Just carry the juice on in cans. They don't pay attention to what you carry on with you just as long as it's 12 cans per person. I've always done it that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Edited by xrayann06

Just pack a big can of pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and a blender, then put your rum in your rum runners. No one will bat an eye. Then you can put ice from lido directly in your blender and make pina coladas in your room. I don't see what could go wrong ;)

I don't understand your logic.

Room service has juice all day. The $ spent to purchase juice can go toward the tip and you didn't have to bother bringing it onboard. Also, if they find said rum runners they will discard without compensation. They have no way of knowing if there is alcohol mixed with the juice.

I like to bring orange soda and red cream soda also. Can't get that from room service but I'm not sure if pineapple juice can be ordered from room service or not.

Edited by xrayann06

If you pack juice in RRs and pack them in your luggage and it gets screened, there's a high likelihood the RRs will get tossed. Doesn't matter if it's non-alcoholic, it's technically an "open container", not sealed like soda cans. This is in addition to latitude 918's warning on contamination. Bring it in cans (up to 12 ozs., Restless24's big cans don't fly anymore) and in your carry on, not checked luggage.

Thanks all. I will just bring juice in cans.

I guess I can always "replentish" anything I run out of while in port. I can take the empty rum runners off the ship and bring back on. If I did that, okay to go thru xray or should I wear under clothes?

I guess I can always "replentish" anything I run out of while in port. I can take the empty rum runners off the ship and bring back on. If I did that, okay to go thru xray or should I wear under clothes?

We always use to get extra pop during port stops. They are no longer allowing any beverages- pop, juice, water - to be brought on at ports. You may take canned drinks on only at your embarkation port. It is part of the new policy that went into effect in mid-July.I am no fan of the new policies, but will have to live with them.

The rum runners might make it back through though.

Edited by kteachcruiser52

Small RRs will fit in the deeper cargo pants/shorts pockets. Not sure where you could "refill" on shore, but yes if you did, you could get it back on board. Ship security is looking for liquor bottles and soda cans. I guess a larger RR would go through wrapped in a towel in a beach tote. But I'm not getting the rationale for smuggling juice.:confused: Check Bon Voyage for mixers. The expense is probably more than what you'd pay in a big box grocery, but not so great as to significantly reduce the stress and hassle to smuggle a mixer, or booze for that matter.

only if they don't see it on embarkation day and trash them all

The guava is delicious!

I brought a blender once.

I still don't get it. You can get free juice onboard. Not pineapple, but guava one in the morning is so good! Then of course, there is orange and cranberry which make good mixers.

I may or may not have knowledge of someone putting pint bottles purchased in port into his cargo short pockets and or waist band of his shorts. Got back on board just fine. Hypothetically speaking allegedly. Just sayin.