Coffee Card

Kag1526

Sine we are elite, we are able to switch out the complimentary mini bar for two coffee cards (we do not drink soda or much alcohol). So we wouldn't mind using the coffee card for gelato (even if it costs less to pay with "real money"). :D

How did you go about doing this? Call passenger services or what?

Thanks!

Room service.

Yes, as Colo Cruiser states, you call room service and they will trade out your entire mini bar for two coffee cards. You can also swap some of the items in your mini bar around, but I do not recall the particulars of that as we are not interested in the mini bar items.

As soon as we get settled in our room after embarkation, we place a call to room service to take care of the switch out of the mini bar. It has always been taken care of quite promptly.

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Edited by Astro Flyer

I do not believe that a 15% gratuity is charged for gelato either at the IC or at Gelato's.

I know for sure there was no 15% added at the IC. Cost for three scoops is $1.50 total.

The Gelato's menu indicates there is a 15% gratuity added to alcoholic sundaes, but I do not think it applies to non-alcoholic purchases.

Now that you mention it, you are right; at least about gelato from the IC. Interestingly, the do add gratuity to the milk shakes at the Ice Cream Bar. Guess that counts as a beverage.

Can I get a specialty coffee and a fresh brewed coffee at the same time? I like to mix the two. Also, can I get two fresh brewed at the same time, if I want to take it back to my balcony to drink?

Thanks!

Edited by A Pisces

Can I get a specialty coffee and a fresh brewed coffee at the same time? I like to mix the two. Also, can I get to fresh brewed at the same time, if I want to take it back to my balcony to drink?

Thanks!

Yes, Yes

Edited by Astro Flyer

Can I get a specialty coffee and a fresh brewed coffee at the same time? I like to mix the two. Also, can I get two fresh brewed at the same time, if I want to take it back to my balcony to drink?

Thanks!

Maybe not two fresh brewed at the same time. While not specifically stated, the unlimited fresh brewed coffee is probably intended for one person. I have seen posts where only one fresh brewed was allowed at a time. YMMV. One fresh brewed and one specialty is no problem.

I guess I'll just have to ask, since I need two cups in the morning, and I would rather only make one trip to the café from my room, then two. I like to sit on the balcony, and sip my coffee, while my DH sleeps in.

Thanks for the input from everyone!

Edited by A Pisces

I guess I'll just have to ask, since I need two cups in the morning, and I would rather only make one trip to the café from my room, then two. I like to sit on the balcony, and sip my coffee, while my DH sleeps in.

Thanks for the input from everyone!

DW has brought her large insulated mug and they filled it at the IC with the coffee card. I was even able to get hot water at the same time to which I added a tea bag from the HC. Plenty of warm coffee to sip on the balcony. As with anything Princess, YMMV.