Under the Galley or Aft pool deck?

Taylors

We are planning a cruise on the Carnival Dream to celebrate my dad's kidney transplant after 7 years waiting on the list. He has his heart set on connecting balconies. He has this idea that my toddler son will run between the room. Which will be nice to have the extra space for him to run around for sure. But its limiting our selection abilities. We can choose from 2 locations. Cove balconies 2437 & 2439 which are under the galley near the edge. Or rooms 9457 & 9461 under the aft pool deck. I've heard horror stories about both locations. But which is worse?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My answer is based upon just looking at Dream's deck plan.

Neither choice would be mine. The cabins under the galley are directly in the middle of the galley and that almost guarantees noise whenever there is any activity going on in that area. Choose that and expect very early morning wake-up calls. Plus, noise during the late morning in preparation for lunch and late afternoon in preparation for dinner.

The cabins under the aft pool would be the most quiet in the evening after the stewards are finished with clean-up for the day, but could be subject to noise throughout the day, also starting early in the morning.

The deck plan shows many other connecting cabins. Is everything else but these two options booked?

Edited by rkacruiser

My answer is based upon just looking at Dream's deck plan.

Neither choice would be mine. The cabins under the galley are directly in the middle of the galley and that almost guarantees noise whenever there is any activity going on in that area. Choose that and expect very early morning wake-up calls. Plus, noise during the late morning in preparation for lunch and late afternoon in preparation for dinner.

The cabins under the aft pool would be the most quiet in the evening after the stewards are finished with clean-up for the day, but could be subject to noise throughout the day, also starting early in the morning.

The deck plan shows many other connecting cabins. Is everything else but these two options booked?

There are a few other connecting coves available but they are closer to the middle of the galley. I tried for the set the closest out. Everything else is booked, or not possible for our group size (6 total)

There are a few other connecting coves available but they are closer to the middle of the galley. I tried for the set the closest out. Everything else is booked, or not possible for our group size (6 total)

I am sorry to learn of this. But, not surprised.

I think under the pool deck might be the best option. Why? Much of the day your family will be "out and about" I imagine and won't be bothered by deck chair movement noise from above. But, there will probably be late afternoon and maybe early morning deck chair movement noise. Also, being further aft than those under the galley, if King Neptune chooses to put the "ocean into motion", those more aft cabins will experience a bit more pitch than those closer to the middle of the ship.

Most sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise to celebrate a blessed situation for your family!

Called and spoke to a PVP who found us connecting cabins forward deck 9! 9232 and 9236 guest rooms above and below us. Thanks so much for all the opinions. Glad we found some better rooms. I usually book directly but this time a PVP was helpful!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was under the pool deck and one night there was a pool party. Imagine a conga line over your head. It was like having elephants dancing above you.

The pool music was also a big problem and the scraping deck chairs. We were able to visit each other and had a connecting balcony. The noise did not make up for the connecting balcony.