Sanctuary on glacier bay day

kayred

I was just using it as an example of one end of the spectrum versus the other. My point was each ship class has a different configuration, so you should look at the ship you are on and decide appropriateness for viewing.

Neither Royal-class ship has made it to the Pacific & neither are scheduled yet until the 3rd ship is deployed in Asia.

Thx loonbeam and everyone else. I didn't realize how different the set up was by ship (I probably should have). I appreciate hearing each of your experiences I am reassured that I don't HAVE to pay extra for the day to be special but I love the idea of treating it like an excursion and having some extra pampering. It will all depend on how well I can see the view from the sanctuary on the crown. Thanks again for everyone in helping me get excited about our trip.

BTW on boarding the sanctuary is open for viewing.

As you will see from this video I found, it has the higher glass walls (probably due to wind), so not sure I would invest for scenic viewing (tho I do like the layout and the cover..

Thx loonbeam and everyone else. I didn't realize how different the set up was by ship (I probably should have). I appreciate hearing each of your experiences I am reassured that I don't HAVE to pay extra for the day to be special but I love the idea of treating it like an excursion and having some extra pampering. It will all depend on how well I can see the view from the sanctuary on the crown. Thanks again for everyone in helping me get excited about our trip.

Arizona cruising you are right. Can't reserve it early so it's best to Check it out first. I am so excited yet I have a long time till to we go. Thanks everyone for the advice

The best part is they do not bill you until the day of plenty of time to change your mind. In the past I would of not paid extra, my DH said lets try it..... even with the obstructed view you an can still walk around and see through the panes, just the atmosphere was worth the pampering and relaxation also allow's you and yours quite time together away from the crowds and if you move someone does not jump into your space or push into you. Included in the price was a personal photo of both of you in Glacier Bay.

• 6 months later...

I know this thread is not super current, but want to bump it up.

We are interested in the Sanctuary on the Coral, for either our first day at sea (Hubbard), or Glacier Bay. Is it true that you are not obligated, and can change your mind until the day-of?

I also wonder if boarding late, after the longer Prince Wiilliam Sound boat tour, would mean that these days would be booked up before we are able to board. Has anybody seen the Sanctuary be booked up, or mostly booked up, in Alaska?

Especially in Alaska, with most of the Sanctuary on the Coral being un-covered, weather is a real factor.

Thanks for any input!