Why visiting Santiago

keltic

At least there are good rail and bus connections and lots of tour operators for Lucca and Aix. There isn't anything feasible in Ferrol and Verdun.

Yes, for my cruise it just makes getting to where we are going just less of a hassle. For your cruise, those excursions are a real benefit!!! Ferrol and Verdun were driving me crazy for months (along with Brest to Quimper) while I had your itinerary booked. Wow, just checked pricing on your cruise, it's gone up significantly since early booking!

For my new cruise, I had changed when Olife just started, but because we were in the "cheap seats"' we had to take the higher Olife price, with no benefits. Then they decided to extend the offer to the " cheap seats", so O life became a freebie for us.

If I had stuck with your cruise I would have done the exact same thing you did...paid up for O life.

I found transportation from Brest to Quimper that would have worked, but I chose the Oceania tour to Locronon instead. When I first looked at the original OLife offer, it was only for Veranda and above. Being in the "cheap seats" like you, I didn't think it was worth it to upgrade just for OLife, but it worked out well this time. Glad you got it to work for you too.

I agree that visiting Santiago from Ferrol is not an option. I've visited Ferrol, and while I agree the city itself is just mildly interesting, it sits in the area of the Rias Altas , an area of great natural beauty. Last year after our Camino into Santiago we took a couple of days to explore some of the Rias Altas. We stayed in a cute coastal town in the Rias Altas called Cedeira (about 40 minutes north of Ferrol) and from there visited places on the coast such as San Andres de Teixedo and Cabo Ortegal. I hope the ship offers excursions to this beautiful area and that you get great weather to accompany it.

Oh, I see. No good :-(

my email is habichucho@gmail.com

Oh Keltic, I'm so sorry, I just saw this. I left the US for Madrid the day you posted this and I forgot to check CC again! :( Would have loved to meet you!

We were in Santiago from Sept 14-17th, the 15 and 16th you had the horrible rainstorms, it was terrible! We spent most of the time eating and drinking because walking around was almost impossible. We also had bad rain our two last days on the Camino, but still all was well worth it!

Was happy to see that one of the towers was cleaned up, I can't wait to see the Cathedral when is all done! Hope to be back in 2017.

Oh Keltic, I'm so sorry, I just saw this. I left the US for Madrid the day you posted this and I forgot to check CC again! :( Would have loved to meet you!

We were in Santiago from Sept 14-17th, the 15 and 16th you had the horrible rainstorms, it was terrible! We spent most of the time eating and drinking because walking around was almost impossible. We also had bad rain our two last days on the Camino, but still all was well worth it!

Was happy to see that one of the towers was cleaned up, I can't wait to see the Cathedral when is all done! Hope to be back in 2017.

I think I remember the storm. I think it was when I was coming back from Madrid. Got a train instead. Storms and planes make me feel quite unconfortable. Next time then.

Enviado desde mi GT-N8000 mediante Tapatalk

I think I remember the storm. I think it was when I was coming back from Madrid. Got a train instead. Storms and planes make me feel quite unconfortable. Next time then.

Enviado desde mi GT-N8000 mediante Tapatalk

Oh, yes, me too! Thankfully, on the 17th, the day I flew out of Santiago, it was nice weather. Next time for sure! (for me, there's always a next time to Santiago!)

• 7 months later...
Thanks for all the help Keltic. I will continue to research what we can do from this port.

Realise this may too late but nevetheless I would give a heads up to Tours4cruisers.

I found Laura very helpful arranging tour from Vigo to Santiago and note Ferrol is offered on their website.

Realise this may too late but nevetheless I would give a heads up to Tours4cruisers.

I found Laura very helpful arranging tour from Vigo to Santiago and note Ferrol is offered on their website.

I heartily second dutchclogs recommendation of tours4cruisers - we did their tour of Vigo last week and it was excellent quality and value; far cheaper than the similar ship excursion.

We are planning on taking the train from A Coruna to Santiago this September. Would like to do the Cathedral roof tour. If anyone has any hints on the train system (looks straight forward but you never know!) I would welcome them!

Thanks,

Melissa