Best suggestions to do both...

kris2cruise

We'd like to visit both Stingray City & Turtle Farm...

Looking for suggestions/recommendations from anyone who has done a tour to both on same day. I know the cruise ship has an excursion but it's pricey compared to some of the land operators we've found. We'd like a smaller group than you get from ship excursions but I'm a bit worried about timing doing it on our own. The turtle touch tanks are only open for specific times & then I'm seeing 3hrs on Stingray City to get there & back and playing with the rays.

Any suggestions?

we were just there last week, did the excursion through the ship.... well worth it, and yes we just barely got back in time for the tender back to ship, maybe 15-20 minutes to spare.

my video of stingray city:

we thought the bus driver/tour guide was fantastic, took us all around the island and explained everything about living on the island, history, etc. We stopped at Hell, Turtle Farm, and then Stingray City. Great tour and I highly recommend it.

Edited by ABQrobin

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked a back-to-back excursion with Captain Marvin. I have used them in the past for the stingrays. Website said they could 'combine' tours. I called them and was told which tours would work best for my ship and times. We are doing the 10am 3 stop(stingrays and 2 snorkel stops) then the Hell/Turtle/Island Tour (with a guided tour at the Turtles- said you are there 45 minutes) right after that. Said they get us back to the dock 45 minutes before last tender. Since there is always a long line for the tenders so I thought that would be fine. Call them- lady had all the ship schedules and even asked where our ship departed from to check if ship-time would be the same as Cayman-time. I will check the time difference once I get there, of course. But this seems to work with our schedule.