What do you average spending per day onboard? (Dream)

Laurba99

While I don't begrudge it a bit and feel DCL crew are well worth their tips (at least most of the time), $12 per night is higher than the other ships we've been on. True, this hasn't increased in quite a while, but is already slightly above "industry standards." With the institution of the automatic tip system a few years ago, guests must make an effort to reduce tips; the servers will tell you that they get stiffed a lot less than they used to. Prior to this system, one told me they typically got stiffed by up to 1/3 of guests! Of course, there are those who tip more than the suggested as well.

Still, you are right that like everything else, it will likely increase at some point.

You will be able to see your bill and all the charges on the stateroom TV too.

Guest services will also be happy to print out a copy at any point during the voyage.

Enjoy

Unless it has changed in the last few months, the feature of seeing your bill on the TV is only available on the Dream and Fantasy. On the Magic and Wonder it still takes a trip to Guest Services.

I wonder this too. But I imagine it would vary a lot depending if you plan on eating in other than main dining room, drinks you plan, spa, excursions, shopping.

Sent from my Z220 using Tapatalk

On board spending is totally up to you. You can spend $600 on a spa villa for 2 or you can spend nothing at the spa. You can spend hundreds on photos or use your own camera. You can go to Remy at $85+ per person or eat in the main dining rooms. You can shop till you drop or spend nothing in the shops. You can spend hundreds on a cabana on Castaway Cay or $6 on a float or tube.

What you choose to spend on board is just that--your choice.