Istanbul getting outside the port with luggage

I have just been quoted 25 Euro from outside the cruise port to our hotel or 40 Euro from inside because of the charges for them to get in, obviously I would prefer to pay 25 Euro but it is a while since we were last in Istanbul and I cannot remember if it is walkable fro the ship to outside with our luggage? Any thoughts?

It really depends on two things:

1) how much luggage

and

2) where your ship is docked

We were there in early May on Reflection. They are working on the dock area and there is only one way in and out. We had to walk A LONG WAY to get to the exit point. And….. of course walk A LONG WAY back to the ship……..

If you have a minimum of luggage (and it wheels) I could see doing it.

OK, so my question is: are you self disembarking ? otherwise your luggage will be off loaded into an area much closer to the exit.

We were on the Emerald Princess last week and were docked right by the port exit. We walked off with our luggage and walked out of the port intending on getting on the tram but found a taxi about 1 block away that took us to our hotel for 30TL.

We were on the Emerald Princess last week and were docked right by the port exit. We walked off with our luggage and walked out of the port intending on getting on the tram but found a taxi about 1 block away that took us to our hotel for 30TL.

Thanks, it looks promising!