Gym Wear on QE

davyjones

Following a shoulder injury I need to do 15 minutes of exercises using two 3kg free weights. At home I do this in slippers and pyjamas and do not break into a sweat or get out of breath. Does anyone know what is the minimum gym wear I would need and if they have suitable free weights?

Thanks in advance,

DJ

There are a variety of different free weights in the gym on the QE. I'm pretty sure there is an 8 pound weight, which would be 3.5 kg.

Occasionally, one sees someone in a bathrobe coming/going to a pool or spa treatment.

Personally, I would find someone exercising in pajamas in the gym not suitably dressed. And, also think for safety purposes shoes rather than slippers would be appropriate in the gym.

My suggestion would be to purchase gym shorts and a tee shirt to exercise in a public place. Or, you could bring your weights with you and exercise in the privacy of your own cabin wearing anything you choose.

In either case, you are doing the right thing continuing your exercise regime while on shipboard. Following your doctor's advice will give you the best recovery.

Wishing you good health and a happy voyage!

Jimmybean

Following a shoulder injury I need to do 15 minutes of exercises using two 3kg free weights. At home I do this in slippers and pyjamas and do not break into a sweat or get out of breath. Does anyone know what is the minimum gym wear I would need and if they have suitable free weights?

Thanks in advance,

DJ

Just standard gym clothes you'd normally see at the local gym. If you don't belong to one,take a quick visit to a local one to get a feel for the type of cloths you might need. Decent sneakers,shorts,loose fitting top work for me.

Good advice above;

Your required free weights will be there,

Clothing that is suitable in the privacy of your home, wouldn't be suitable in a public space. But you'll only need T-shirt, shorts and inexpensive trainers.

(I've often glanced at the gym doors while passing, and once attended a pre-sailing safety/lifeboat drill in the one on QM2. One trip I really must use the place... :eek: )

Have a great time on board :)

Thank you for the replies. I have had a word with DW and the outcome was that she, unreasonably to my mind, refused to give up 6kg of dresses and shoes so it looks like going to the gym will be a new experience for me after many cruises.

DJ

Thank you for the replies. I have had a word with DW and the outcome was that she, unreasonably to my mind, refused to give up 6kg of dresses and shoes so it looks like going to the gym will be a new experience for me after many cruises.

DJ

Davy; please confirm you were not considering taking your own weights! This would have been ridiculous.

Regards John

My hubby takes a couple of oldish t shirts, shorts, and sweat pants we call them comfies in our house and serve to loll about in the cabin also, and a pair of canvas gym shoes sometimes they get used but most times :rolleyes:

But then I take stuff that never gets worn.

We go to the gym every day. We use the scales to weigh ourselves because the food too tempting 😇

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Do wait until the ship is cresting a wave..as it goes down then get on the scale. You'll will have lost 5-10LB(for 10 seconds)Of course don't hop on while the ship is rising up a wave or you'll gain 5-10LB.