Ultimate Balcony Dining on Ruby Princess

cruzn fun

Hi All

I am thinking of booking the UBD for DH birthday in March. Can anyone who has done this tell me if there is a service fee added to the cost (or included) or if you tip separately? Also, can anyone give me a ballpark of about how much you give? (Yes, I know this is a personal choice, just curious what the 'typical' tip might be).

thanks

ML

Hi All

I am thinking of booking the UBD for DH birthday in March. Can anyone who has done this tell me if there is a service fee added to the cost (or included) or if you tip separately? Also, can anyone give me a ballpark of about how much you give? (Yes, I know this is a personal choice, just curious what the 'typical' tip might be).

thanks

ML

The price is all inclusive & throughout the years I've read many posts about tipping which have differed. Some have posted that staff have said a tip was included in the $100 fee and others said no. It's the same thing that I've read about specialty restaurants...some say a tip is included some say no.

Thus I don't know which is accurate & I will tip extra when service is good at a specialty restaurant. For the UBD we always have great service & knowing that the servers need to go to a bar to get our drinks & a galley for our food and both are perfect...we tip.

I'm not going to suggest an amount because that's a personal decision. When tipping & keeping the auto gratuity, staff gets to keep cash tips. However if added to a bill it goes into the tip pool & like the auto gratuity is shared with other crewmembers . That's why when tipping I give it in cash so that particular crewmember gets to keep my token of appreciation.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The price is all inclusive & throughout the years I've read many posts about tipping which have differed. Some have posted that staff have said a tip was included in the $100 fee and others said no. It's the same thing that I've read about specialty restaurants...some say a tip is included some say no.

Thus I don't know which is accurate & I will tip extra when service is good at a specialty restaurant. For the UBD we always have great service & knowing that the servers need to go to a bar to get our drinks & a galley for our food and both are perfect...we tip.

I'm not going to suggest an amount because that's a personal decision. When tipping & keeping the auto gratuity, staff gets to keep cash tips. However if added to a bill it goes into the tip pool & like the auto gratuity is shared with other crewmembers . That's why when tipping I give it in cash so that particular crewmember gets to keep my token of appreciation.

Astro Flyer

Thanks, good answer and helps. Not trying to 'stiff' the staff at all but it would be nice to know for sure if they get a piece of the UBD charge. We usually tip for extras like this, as long as we agree they have done at least a reasonable job. There have been 1 or 2 occasions when we didn't think so, but just gave them less than we might have.

ML

Hi All

thanks

ML

We always tip for the UBD.

Usually $10-$20 per server.

They bust their butt.