CCL or CUK stock

path145

Told my accountant that I wanted to buy 100 shares of Carnival stock but didn't mention the stock symbol. He called me back to discuss CUK stock which I'd never heard of. It looks like it's also Carnival stock but I'm used to seeing CCL. The values and dividends are a little different but the descriptions look the same.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is? And will Carnival accept CUK stock for OBC?

I believe the CUK stock is also Carnival but out of Great Britain stock exchange. But is also listed on the NYC stock exchange. Not sure if you would get the same benefits if you live here in the U.S. I would buy the CCL stock. I also see the price is a little bit higher on the CUK stock because of the exchange rate.

I would call Carnival or go to this site,, Carnival Shareholder Benefits site. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Edited by johnlcruise

Price is pretty low compared to last week so maybe not such a bad time to buy. It's been in the 50s for a while, so 40s might not be a bad time to get in.

It was low 20s when I bought it, hopefully it won't go back there.

I think by this point my shares have paid for themselves. :D

• 4 years later...
On 9/3/2015 at 9:06 AM, arubanut said:

7c740953-060b-4b41-9143-b6f365206f00.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

That's a good question:rolleyes:

I would say CCL

Dug this up when doing a search on CUK. We can only hope we see these prices in a few years from now!

• Like 2

Both CCL and CUK share the same risk and dividends and the price was based on the success of the US or London stock exchange at the current time.  I was advised to buy which one was cheaper because you can buy more shares for the same price which equals more dividends.   If someone wants to trade based on change of price buying or selling, then I guess which ever price changes the most is best.