OASIS - Windjammer Cafe

AVOID THESE: The HAMBURGERS are greasy, tasteless disc of frozen beef.

Speaking of "subjective"... I actually like the burgers in the Windjammer. Especially when I find the toppings such as chili, and cooked onions.

Another option is Johnny Rockets. Burgers, dogs, fries, etc. Also, there is no charge for breakfast at Johnny Rockets aboard Oasis.

Check out the menu: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/johnnyrockets.pdf

BTW... I understand what you are going through with the picky eater. If your child likes slushies, check out the cold soups served at dinner in the MDR. My daughter has learned to love them.

To OP, I know you were asking about the Windjammer buffet, but don't overlook the MDR. Breakfast and lunch you can order off the main menu, but there is also a nice buffet. You can do a little of both. MDR has an excellent salad bar. You pick out the ingredients and it is prepared for you individually. Has loads of ingredients, called Tutti salad. Has meat, shrimp, etc. with different types of bread. Chef mixes and serves to you.

Have also found MDR wonderful for kids at dinner. They bend over backwards to make your child happy and can come up with simple things not on the menu (adult or children 's). Very blessed and fortunate that my grandkids do not have medical issues, or other eating problems, and they loved MDR because everyone was so nice. They loved the cold, fruit soups; also young grandson asked "do you have any cheesecake left" it had been on the adult menu previous night ...... Of course cheesecake was rounded up from somewhere ...... He was happy and impressed!

Enjoy your cruise.

Speaking of "subjective"... I actually like the burgers in the Windjammer. Especially when I find the toppings such as chili, and cooked onions.

Another option is Johnny Rockets. Burgers, dogs, fries, etc. Also, there is no charge for breakfast at Johnny Rockets aboard Oasis.

Check out the menu: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/johnnyrockets.pdf

BTW... I understand what you are going through with the picky eater. If your child likes slushies, check out the cold soups served at dinner in the MDR. My daughter has learned to love them.

what? No mention of the retro style milkshakes at JR's?? :D On the subject of the cold soups, I have ordered the sweet, fruit based ones for dessert just so I could try them. Had too many other options under the appetizer menu. :)

I'm sorry' date=' but whatever happened to breaking those picky eater habits before they completely take over?

Now, let the hating begin........lol.[/quote']I have a picky 15 year old. All three of my children have been brought up the same. Having the same meals, at the same table, at the same time. My older two also have likes and dislikes, but I cook one Evening Meal. which they choose either to eat or to leave. I have long come to the conclusion that you can do nothing to 'cure' a picky eater. We live in a culture where food is freely available on every street corner. (There are 3 shops on her 1/4 mile walk to school each day.) This is the reality we live in. My daughter would live on breaded chicken at every meal given the choice. I'm sure you have foods you love, foods you eat but are not your favourite and foods you detest. I doubt I could get you to eat food you detest anymore that I can persuade my daughter to eat them.

Incidentally, she ate in both the windjammer and in the dining room where they were quite happy for her to order a double portion off of the children's menu. And she absolutely adored the puddings!

I have said it before and will state again. I actually feel the quality of the food is better in the WJ than main dinning room. Bottom line and simply put, there is enough variety at the WJ for you to find something for your child. Look at the posts by the OP she listed foods that I've seen at the WJ. As an example my DD (3 at sailing on oasis) liked the Mac-n-Cheese on the WJ, but did she was not a fan of the one in the MDR.

Honestly, the MDR makes the same dishes 1000 times. It's servered luke warm to cold, looks pretty but tastes like a bad wedding caterer. In spite of the food, It's a nice experience on ship especially the formal nights. In terms of food we enjoyed our Dinners more at WJ, but that's us.

I have said it before and will state again. I actually feel the quality of the food is better in the WJ than main dinning room. Bottom line and simply put, there is enough variety at the WJ for you to find something for your child. Look at the posts by the OP she listed foods that I've seen at the WJ. As an example my DD (3 at sailing on oasis) liked the Mac-n-Cheese on the WJ, but did she was not a fan of the one in the MDR.

Honestly, the MDR makes the same dishes 1000 times. It's servered luke warm to cold, looks pretty but tastes like a bad wedding caterer. In spite of the food, It's a nice experience on ship especially the formal nights. In terms of food we enjoyed our Dinners more at WJ, but that's us.

Duke---I, too, have enjoyed the food in the WJ sometimes better than in the MDR. I enjoyed dressing up and dining in the dining room, but I have found some foods to be better in the WJ.

Just off the Oasis. In fact, still at the airport waiting for our flights. Re: Windjammer - we never found it hard to find a seat, but we always eat at "off" times. The only problem we had with the food was that it was not hot. It wasn't cold, but definitely needed to be hotter. There was always a good variety.