Elite Benefits/Recommendations

flifish64

The way the breakfast is served depends on whether you are crusing in or out of a US port or not. The regulations have to do with serving food in a buffet over carpet. It also depends on the number of Elites on board. If a large number the breakfast is in the MDR instead of Tuscan or another smaller venue.

Re the health situation, what you wrote is what I just said, but outside of the US there is no consistent policy so it could be either.

Phil

On last year's Silhouette transatlantic (Hi there Wino), we were not yet Elite. However, we easily used coupons provided by our generous cruise friends. I think it was in one of the midships lounges ... the Ensemble? Drinks were ordered, coupons were presented, and the server didn't show any interest in who was getting what.

The servers won't care who gets the drinks, as long as someone hands over a coupon. We had coupons on our recent Eclipse cruise, but went to the Sky lounge each night for the Elite get-together. We had the beverage package and didn't need even more drinks, so on the first night DH had one drink and I just had a few canapes, which meant we had used only one of our six coupons. As we were about to leave, our server said if we would like to hand in our remaining coupons, it would be much appreciated. We were happy to hand them over and were then told that the servers get 30 cents for each coupon, so we made sure we always handed in all our unused coupons and the folks we sat with every night did the same. Sometimes a server would offer to get us some bottles of water, but that seemed pointless and they were very happy just to take the coupons.

Edited by Suzy Smith

I appreciate all the feedback. It has been very enlightening.

When the breakfast is a menu rather than a buffet; what items/type of items are on the menu?

Are there always Mimosas?

I do love Mimosas. lol

Carol

Yes, always Mimosas, Bloody Marys and Bellinis. If you like Mimosas, you will love Bellinis(they are peach flavored.) We always eat breakfast somewhere else and then go to the Elite breakfast for a roll or a little fruit and a Bellini. DH loves the specialty coffees. They also have smoothies and fresh squeezed orange juice. We are on that TA with you. Hope to see you. There will be lots of Elites. :)

Hi,

We are Paul and Carol and our 31 Oct Transatlantic will be our first cruise as Elite.

I understand there are only select drinks that are the elite benefit at happy hour. What are they and is there one that you would recommend?

Can you choose a glass of wine and then carry it to dinner in the main dining room?

Can you share your drink allotment with someone else?

What do you think is the best Elite benefit?

Thanks,

Carol

We were on Solstice to Alaska this summer and there were no drink vouchers, just the two hour happy hour in Sky. The appetizers were very tasty: smoked salmon, Thai chicken skewers for example. One of the drinks on the list was an Old Fashioned and it was delicious.

Yes, always Mimosas, Bloody Marys and Bellinis. If you like Mimosas, you will love Bellinis(they are peach flavored.) We always eat breakfast somewhere else and then go to the Elite breakfast for a roll or a little fruit and a Bellini. DH loves the specialty coffees. They also have smoothies and fresh squeezed orange juice. We are on that TA with you. Hope to see you. There will be lots of Elites. :)

We usually do the same, I love those mango smoothies

[quote name='Honeybearhollow']Yes, always Mimosas, Bloody Marys and Bellinis. If you like Mimosas, you will love Bellinis(they are peach flavored.)[/QUOTE]

A really nice perk for being Elite is a complimentary drink throughout the cruise--we are more than happy with what they offer without even considering a beverage plan. Saves $$ for booking our next cruise :)