How do I reserve a table for two?

Vitamin_Sea

It's a lot easier to do on RCI than Celebrity but here is what I do. Yes, I tell the TA we want a table for two. As we get about a month out I call Celebrity Captain's Club to make the same request.

I check once onboard and if they got it right no problem. If not, I go to the MDR manager and ask for the change. They will make every effort to do so.

It's a lot easier to do on RCI than Celebrity but here is what I do. Yes, I tell the TA we want a table for two. As we get about a month out I call Celebrity Captain's Club to make the same request.

I check once onboard and if they got it right no problem. If not, I go to the MDR manager and ask for the change. They will make every effort to do so.

Thanks so much

Since you booked your cruise through a Travel Agent, they should have

put your request on the reservation and they can call Celebrity for you

as well.

There will be a card in your cabin with your table number and dining time

on it. I would suggest taking the card with you and then go see the

Maitr'd to confirm it is a deuce. You can find them outside of the main

dining room on embarkation day.

Since you booked your cruise through a Travel Agent, they should have

put your request on the reservation and they can call Celebrity for you

as well.

There will be a card in your cabin with your table number and dining time

on it. I would suggest taking the card with you and then go see the

Maitr'd to confirm it is a deuce. You can find them outside of the main

dining room on embarkation day.

I agree, Lois, with one other thing. If you used a TA, then you MUST use the TA to make your request. Celebrity will just tell you to do it that way. Once the request has been made, Celebrity will tell you if it has been done but as has been said, you won't know until you check with the Maitre d' or until you show up at the dining room for dinner whether the table is for two. We always ask for one, and so far it has been done, although some are not in a great location...i.e. under the staircase.

Vitamin Sea:

P.S. On Constellation, still our favourite ship, you will find the Maitre d' inside the Rendez-vous Lounge.

P.P.S. Always take note of Lois' advice. She knows stuff!!:)

Bill

I agree, Lois, with one other thing. If you used a TA, then you MUST use the TA to make your request. Celebrity will just tell you to do it that way. Once the request has been made, Celebrity will tell you if it has been done but as has been said, you won't know until you check with the Maitre d' or until you show up at the dining room for dinner whether the table is for two. We always ask for one, and so far it has been done, although some are not in a great location...i.e. under the staircase.

Vitamin Sea:

P.S. On Constellation, still our favourite ship, you will find the Maitre d' inside the Rendez-vous Lounge.

P.P.S. Always take note of Lois' advice. She knows stuff!!:)

Bill

That's not true. We always tell our TA to request a table for two and then 30 days out contact Captain's Club to inquire if it's on our booking. Only once was it not and they went ahead and did it for us. No call to the TA needed.

We have gotten a table for two each time but as you said the location is not often the best although we have gotten some great ones recently.

If you do 'Select' antytime dining, you can arrive and wait for 2-top to open or reserve in advance onboard for certain time on future nights. If not Select, and have early traditional dining, see Maitre D on boarding and should be able to get 2-Top if willing to switch to Late traditional.

We prefer 2-tops - once we found ourselves at 4-top with other guests absent. The 2d nite the Maitr D came over and said he was working to get us some tablemates - he looked surprised when we said we liked the current arrangement and we stayed as 2 at 4-top.

Again, some 2-tops are along entry corridor so you will be 'on display' and a couple 2-tops next to kitchen entry with flood of servers in/out. Also, last May we had a 2-top but there was another 2 top in same row to left 12-inches separated and 4-top to right 12-inches away - not all 2-tops are created equal :eek: GOOD LUCK

That's not true. We always tell our TA to request a table for two and then 30 days out contact Captain's Club to inquire if it's on our booking. Only once was it not and they went ahead and did it for us. No call to the TA needed.

We have gotten a table for two each time but as you said the location is not often the best although we have gotten some great ones recently.

Thanks... we have 6pm dine and we will email the TA so they can make the request. I will also contact the CC..

This would be on Connie.

Do I tell my TA, do I tell The cruise line or do I email the MaitreD

Thanks

Request it through your TA. Likely, you'll get either "Select Dining" or late seating. All depends on how far out you reserve. With us, we meet up with the Maitre D & change to table for 2. It's worked fine so far.