Is there a difference?

lis1407

Hello,

Searching for a Yacht Club in the future i wonder which one is the best?

Is there a difference between the four vessels?

According to CC the rating of appreciation is:

Fantasia:58%

Preziosa:60%

Divina:61%

Splendida;63%

I know the appreciation for YC is much higher,but is there a difference for YC too? Concerning cabins,service,food.....

Booked a cruise on Splendida for this year ( for the first time in YC ) but have received an offer for next year on Preziosa.

Some reviews on CC ( YC ) are a little baffling for me,most say its the heaven on earth,and others state "never again " or say " good but "

I'm still convinced that YC is a good product until proved otherwise.

Knowing everything is an opinion,but i like to know the viewpoint of experts,or experienced, of the CC members who knows what they are talking about,

Thanks

Gilbert

Hello,

Searching for a Yacht Club in the future i wonder which one is the best?

Is there a difference between the four vessels?

According to CC the rating of appreciation is:

Fantasia:58%

Preziosa:60%

Divina:61%

Splendida;63%

I know the appreciation for YC is much higher,but is there a difference for YC too? Concerning cabins,service,food.....

Booked a cruise on Splendida for this year ( for the first time in YC ) but have received an offer for next year on Preziosa.

Some reviews on CC ( YC ) are a little baffling for me,most say its the heaven on earth,and others state "never again " or say " good but "

I'm still convinced that YC is a good product until proved otherwise.

Knowing everything is an opinion,but i like to know the viewpoint of experts,or experienced, of the CC members who knows what they are talking about,

Thanks

Gilbert

The four ships of the Fantasia class were built as two pairs; first pair Fantasia (2008) and Splendida (2009); and the second pair Divina (2012) and Preziosa (2013).

One of the major differences between the pairs is the Yacht Club lounge (Top Sail Lounge). The second pair have larger lounges, by virtue of sacrificing two suites.

Having sailed on Divina in a YC suite I know that the Top Sail lounge feels relatively spacious. however I wonder whether I would feel the same about the two earlier ships which have much small lounges and more guests to use it.

The other parts of the YC are virtually the same on all four ships.

The other fator will be the interaction with the crew and that will be a very personal thing.

If you treat the crew with respect, use their name to address them and make time to talk to them as people about subjects of interest to them, family; life at sea, etc, and not just as members of the crew whom you are asking to perform tasks for you.

Then IMHO you wll have a fantastic experience whichever ship you are on and the size of the lounge will only come into play on an inclement day at sea when everybody is trying to get a nice seat with a good view forward.

Deck plans showing the different layout of deck 15

Divina%20fant%20ddeck%2015.jpg

Pete

Goog morning Pete

Have seen the deckplans several times,but never noticed the difference.

Very good observation.

As You stated,tread the people well,its in the interest of both,although do they have time to talk with you?

As i can see You are a big fan of MSC.

Are You always sailing in YC wherever possible?

No remarks concerning the food ( differences )

I know,i'm a foodie,but this is one of the reasons i love cruises.

Greetings

Gilbert

Goog morning Pete

Have seen the deckplans several times,but never noticed the difference.

Very good observation.

As You stated,tread the people well,its in the interest of both,although do they have time to talk with you?

As i can see You are a big fan of MSC.

Are You always sailing in YC wherever possible?

No remarks concerning the food ( differences )

I know,i'm a foodie,but this is one of the reasons i love cruises.

Greetings

Gilbert

I've always found that they do have time for a regular 5 minute chat, in fact some of them will stop you and talk to you as you walk past

The usual people being your cabin steward and some of the barmen in the quieter bars and lounges

Since sailing on Divina in 2012 I haven't cruised on a Fantasia class ship, so there has been no opportunity to go YC, I've now decided that Aurea experience is the way forward for me on the Lirica and Musica classes.

I've got 2 x 14 night cruises B2B on Orchestra, (No YC on her) early next year. But the cruise I have booked, so far, after that is in the YC on Meraviglia in 2017.

So effectively the answer to your question is YES but I'll add the caveat :- provided the price is right, which may be difficult to find since they've taken away the 20% discount for being a BLACK Card holder,.

I haven't, yet, booked a cruise under the new system

Do you know the other 2 main differences between the two pairs of ships?

The first is the size of the middle hump. it's far bigger on the second pair.

This in turn affects the number of passengers carried and, so,the last pair have a different number of lifeboats There is an extra lifeboat in the forward hump

So from the side it is very easy to spot the difference.

The second difference is the number of In-hull metal balconies, the second pair have many more of this type.

Can you see the differences on these two images?

DIVINA

MSC_DIVINA_777x437_tcm13-34590.jpg

FANTASIA

MSC_Fantasia.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hello Pete

Once again very good observation.

I am only a gold member,but i can have a discount of 20%.

Log in ( with Your code and password ) on their side and go to "MSC VOYAGES SELECTION "

You can choose 5+5% OR 5+15%

LIMITED SELECTION OF BOTH DISCOUNTS + 50$/€ OBC.

I also think that the new system is a downgrading one.

Too many repeaters?

Maybe a new diamond or captain.admiral or.........any sugestion?

I see You booked a cruise on the new Meraviglia for 2017

On my age i don't even buy GREEN bananas.

If You are interested and looking for a right price,see in the 20% discount choice. Look at

31/1/16 Preziosa at 1799€-20% = 205€ per diem ( 7 days )

27/4/16 Splendida at 2049-20% = 149€ per diem ( 11 days )

2:10:16 Spendida at 1699€-20%=139€ per diem ( 10 days )

There can be a little difference,depending how they make their calculation.-5%-15% or -20%

Have a nice day

Gilbert

lis1407 wrote

Hello Pete

Once again very good observation.

I am only a gold member,but i can have a discount of 20%.

Log in ( with Your code and password ) on their side and go to "MSC VOYAGES SELECTION "

You can choose 5+5% OR 5+15%

LIMITED SELECTION OF BOTH DISCOUNTS + 50$/€ OBC.

I also think that the new system is a downgrading one.

Too many repeaters?

Maybe a new diamond or captain.admiral or.........any sugestion?

I see You booked a cruise on the new Meraviglia for 2017

On my age i don't even buy GREEN bananas.

If You are interested and looking for a right price,see in the 20% discount choice. Look at

31/1/16 Preziosa at 1799€-20% = 205€ per diem ( 7 days )

27/4/16 Splendida at 2049-20% = 149€ per diem ( 11 days )

2:10:16 Spendida at 1699€-20%=139€ per diem ( 10 days )

There can be a little difference,depending how they make their calculation.-5%-15% or -20%

Have a nice day

Gilbert

Thanks for the info, but I know about the 5% + 15% promotions

The big problem will all these promotions is they are limited to cruises that MSC chose to offer. Previously I could have 20% off any cruise I chose, so that is a big driver to look at other cruiselines first.

I booked the Merviglia cruise with only 3 days left of my 20% discount under the old MSC Club system.

Pete

Hi Gilbert ................ I've been in YC on Splendida, Preziosa and Divina. As Pete has pointed out, Divina & Preziosa are identical. The Top Sail Lounge is better laid out as well as being more spacious than the other two. The buffet area is tucked away to the side, whereas on Splendida & Fantasia, the buffet is in the centre of the lounge. In the former case, you can enter the U-shaped area and see what's available at a glance around. In the latter, you have to walk around the oval/rectangular display to see what's on offer. Other than that, there's very little difference. The dining rooms differ slightly in lay-out, too, but not so much that you'd notice. This is the case even with Preziosa and Divina. Overall, there are more similarities than differences. The vibe on the ships, I've found, depend on the itineraries, as well as time of year of sailing. Each of my experiences have been different, but all wonderful, nonetheless.

Hi Gilbert ................ I've been in YC on Splendida, Preziosa and Divina. As Pete has pointed out, Divina & Preziosa are identical. The Top Sail Lounge is better laid out as well as being more spacious than the other two. The buffet area is tucked away to the side, whereas on Splendida & Fantasia, the buffet is in the centre of the lounge. In the former case, you can enter the U-shaped area and see what's available at a glance around. In the latter, you have to walk around the oval/rectangular display to see what's on offer. Other than that, there's very little difference. The dining rooms differ slightly in lay-out, too, but not so much that you'd notice. This is the case even with Preziosa and Divina. Overall, there are more similarities than differences. The vibe on the ships, I've found, depend on the itineraries, as well as time of year of sailing. Each of my experiences have been different, but all wonderful, nonetheless.

Hi Beamafar,

Thanks for the info.

Did You noticed a difference in the offering and/or the quality of the food between these vessels.Yes i know i am a foodie.:)

That's why i'm going to try YC.

Greets

Gilbert

Certainly on Divina there seemed to be a lot more beef/steak dishes than I've seen on other ships. The pasta course, which usually had a couple of choices of pasta, risotto, etc., isn't on the menu on Divina, either. Instead, there is an Italian dish offering in the main course. To my mind, the menu on this ship is just a tad more "Americanised" than I've seen on other ships, though I imagine Americans may scoff at that - those that haven't been on other Med sailings with MSC, so won't be au fait with the slight variations, that is.

Food onboard is a subject I generally avoid discussing as I'm the opposite of foodie, being a very picky eater, so I don't get to try most of the dishes on offer, therefore I can't comment on how good, or otherwise, they are. However, I remember mentioning in conversation with the sommelier how good the food tasted on Divina (he has been on all 3 of my YC sailings so I've got to know him very well and we chat casually). He spoke very highly of the chef onboard. So I guess I found the food better because I noticed it!

Hi Beamafar,

The Splendida trip starting in the Med will serve most European or Italian

food i think,although i like "americanised"food to.

In Your opinion very little differences isn't it

So i don't expect any problem.

Interesting topic about the 16m² inside YC cabin too.

I'm looking forward.:)

Thanks

Gilbert

Splendida is my favourite of the 4 Fantasia class ships. Although I can't put my finger on the reason why, I do prefer the colour schemes used around the ship - they're somehow softer, warmer and have a more 'friendly' feel than the others IMHO. I've sailed 3 times on her, 3 times on Preziosa, 2 times on Fantasia. My upcoming cruise on Divina will be my second time aboard.

Hi Beamafar,

It's a feeling i guess and it is not explainable,it depends on many little things.

I have the same experience with Oceania Riviera.

Stay happy

Gilbert

Edited by lis1407