Differences between RCI and Celebrity

sleepless

I have gone on 5 cruises on Royal Caribbean - Jewel, Explorer, Oasis, and Allure (B2B).

I am going on my first Celebrity cruise to Alaska on The Solstice.

For those of you that have been on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity - what are some of the differences I will find. Activity level? Service? Availability of food? Quality/quantity of food? Sea days? Shows? Bars?

Thanks.

Of the cruises you done, Celebrity will be most like your cruise on the Jewel. I find the service and food to be a step up from RCI, and the shows and activities to be a step down, especially when comparing them to your Oasis/Allure cruises.

Solstice is a beautiful ship. I think you're going to love it. Most seem to.

Celebrity is more of a country club type of cruise. A friend was turned away from the dining room because he wasn't wearing a jacket. (He went and put one on.) This would never happen on RCCL! Service is excellent, food is very good.

We haven't been on Celebrity for a while but a waiter stood by the buffet to take the ladies trays to their table with a towel over their arm. Celebrity is much more formal the RCCL.

RCI Owns Celebrity but has always run it as a separate brand.

It is a step up from RCI and it attracts a passenger who is older than the average age guest you will find on RCI ships.

Keith

Will DH (67):eek: and me ( a youthful 64) be considered older then the average guest on RCI ? Will we fit in on Celebrity?:D:D

Celebrity is more of a country club type of cruise. A friend was turned away from the dining room because he wasn't wearing a jacket. (He went and put one on.) This would never happen on RCCL! Service is excellent, food is very good.

We haven't been on Celebrity for a while but a waiter stood by the buffet to take the ladies trays to their table with a towel over their arm. Celebrity is much more formal the RCCL.

Do they still do that in the buffet? Trays? Carry the food for the ladies?

No trays in buffet anymore and not as formal as in the past on Celebrity. The average age on Celebrity has also gone down but not to the level of RCCL. Celebrity does not have the bells and whistles the very active younger passengers want. RCCL caters more to families while Celebrity is a more adult atmosphere.

As for asking a male to get a jacket, that would only happen on Formal night in the MDR- all the other eating venues are smart causal or more causal than that.

Guest maddycat

Those days are long gone.

We find the service to be a bit more formal and reserved on Celebrity. On RCI ships the service is just as good as on Celebrity but the crew is friendlier. My husband no longer wears a suit or even a jacket on formal nights on either cruise line. He has never been turned away from the MDR.