A Summit Review

lovelife

There is a double door closet for hanging clothes and a single door closet for the safe on a shelf and 4-5 drawers. I believe there is one shelf above the safe.

Dear Wine-O,

Thank you for the information, I can now plan my wardrobe accordingly!

Lemur

Assuming the captain goes upriver when departing Bayonne, the SOL will be best viewed from the port side of the cruise ship. After the cruise ship turns 180° to head back down the river, the starboard side will have the best view.

IMHO, the best viewing area for the SOL, is an open upper deck so that you can easily move from one side to the other. Also, the cruise ship doesn't go around the SOL, the cruise ship passes by the SOL.

SBtS

Thank you very much for your reply. I can't get to the upper decks because of the steps and the fact the the elevators are just crazy. We are on portside deck six and our drill station is on deck five. I can make it up one flight of steps but no more..So glad I won't miss it.

Thank you very much for your reply. I can't get to the upper decks because of the steps and the fact the the elevators are just crazy. We are on portside deck six and our drill station is on deck five. I can make it up one flight of steps but no more..So glad I won't miss it.

What about lunch? If you eat in the Oceanview Cafe you can go out the back and sit at the Sunset bar which has nice tables and chairs. You are all the way aft and will have an incredible view. The elevators are really not that bad on the Summit. There aren't that many people and there are three banks of elevators spread out. My mom and Aunt never took the stairs and it was fine.

Thanks for your review! Your pictures are amazing.

We cruised the week after you. Sounds like we had the same entertainment - The A Capella group, the shows. We had two comedians -- both who were very funny. The liar's club was a riot -- and they did the same pantyhose skit. Capt Leo has such charisma and was very funny. Nice to the see the Captain out and about around the ship. We loved the martini bar and rendezvous lounge. Revelations was just beautiful. The Port vs Starboard contest was great and engaging! Karaoke contestants were amazing. AND of course Bermuda is beautiful.

We typically cruise RCCL, its our favorite, but we cruised Celebrity as my parents arranged this one. Even though the companies are related, they are very different experiences. The major difference - Celebrity is not for families.

The crew/wait staff was great with our kids. We asked for towel animals and they delivered (Small ones) but nonetheless we had a circus of small animals in our cabin by the end of the ship. The cabins were tiny compared to other cruise lines, but still comfortable. Loved the bed - slept soundly.

However, this type of cruise had serious issues with the crotchiness of many other passengers. The average age was probably 75, making my husband and I (in our late 40's) youngsters. We were able to be the hot ones (not) in all the games on deck, etc. An idea of the crotchiness -- two old ladies giving my 9 & 16 yr old the finger and telling them off because my son jumped in the elevator to hold the button before they got out. It was hard to get anywhere the first few days or in and out of the dining room without tripping over a scooter or walker.

It seemed every time my kids turned around they received very rude or odd comments from other passengers through out the trip. Additionally the were kicking the kids out of the outdoor pool pushing them to the smaller pool that was filled with Seniors. It was a mess with 3 days at see and that attitude. The older crowd didn't want to be in the big pool because of the waves and they couldn't stand, the younger kids did, but the Pool butlers were like ****s about this. There was low tolerance for any bit of splashing (from actual swimming) in the pools. Additionally kids club was boring, teen club was tiny and focused on video games. So not like they could hide up there for the week.

I think we have sworn off Celebrity for the time being.. .until we are retired at least - Back to RCCL and NCL for the family friendly atmosphere.

WOW. We are sailing on NCL in 3 months (Escape) and RCCL in 2017 -- with our 5 year old twins. We considered taking them on celebrity because we adore our past cruises when it has been just DH and I. Now I am having second thoughts

We had two kids, 8 and 9 years old, and thought Celebrity was fine. They only spent 1 hour in the kids club during the entire cruise, somewhat because they made the kids split into two different groups and the 5-8 year old group was too juvenile for the 8 year old, plus they weren't able to be together. They should have a siblings stay together policy, within reason. Otherwise, everything on the rest of the ship was fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the great pics!! We will be back on Summit April 2017 so saved some of your pics for my wallpaper on my laptop that I do before ever cruise. I liked Summit a lot the first time on here and am looking forward to going on her again.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share your cruise with us!

Loved the photographs.

Norris

Thanks for the comments. Sorry for the delay. Still getting adjusted to reality after returning from my Liberty of the Seas Canada/NE cruise.