Flight Departure Time

tripster

The simple answer is... Maybe

There are a few things to consider

1. What ship? Oasis class ships seem to clear faster than other ships

2. How many ships are in port that day? I say this because that will greatly affect the security lines at the airport. ( unless you have first class, or TSA Pre-check. I have seen security lines take an hour at the airport)

3. you would definitely want to do the self assist (carry your own luggage off the ship at 7 am ish)

On average I book 11:am flights but I have made ten am before

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

The simple answer is... Maybe

There are a few things to consider

1. What ship? Oasis class ships seem to clear faster than other ships

2. How many ships are in port that day? I say this because that will greatly affect the security lines at the airport. ( unless you have first class, or TSA Pre-check. I have seen security lines take an hour at the airport)

On average I book 11:am flights but I have made ten am before

i have madr as early as 8;45

i have madr as early as 8;45

And I would guess your ship docked earlier than 7am. For an 8:45am flight you need to be at the airport by 7:45am and I don't see that happening from any ship that docks at 7am.

Just got off Independence yesterday morning. We were a group of 11. We were on Deck 4 forward at 6:30 am. 2nd group in line. Ship docked at 7 am . We were off at 7:15am. Shocked to see a huge group of people disembarking from 4 aft. Not sure who they all were? suite guests?

Anyway---hopped in 2 mini van cabs and we were at the airport at 7:45am.

Made our 10:30 flight to Baltimore with tons of time to spare! Would I do it again? no. But the prospects of killing a day in FLL with 11 people did not appeal to us at all. Glad it went off without a hitch. Got our connecting flight to Buffalo and drove home to Toronto. In the door of my house at 6:30pm. LOOONNNNNG day.

Thanks for the replies.

The ship I am referring to is Serenade of the Seas, which is supposed to arrive back in Fort Lauderdale at 7 am on Friday, April 29th.

I normally don't book a flight before 11 am, but I came across a good deal that would save me quite a bit of money if I could book a 10 am flight. :confused:

Edited by tripster

Thanks for the replies.

The ship I am referring to is Serenade of the Seas, which is supposed to arrive back in Fort Lauderdale at 7 am on Friday, April 29th.

I normally don't book a flight before 11 am, but I came across a good deal that would save me quite a bit of money if I could book a 10 am flight. :confused:

I would expect you to be OK if you do self-assist disembarkation, and if Serenade is returning from a closed end cruise.

Like most said you SHOULD be Ok.

With that being said, that is a close one.... If it were me, I would definitely want to be in line in time to be one of the first ones off the ship (Self assist). if there are any delays there could be a problem. But many times I have had the opportunity to be off and could have made a much earlier flight.

On the 29th you would be the only ship in port so that is a good thing for you, as security and check in shouldn't be too bad.

Like most said you SHOULD be Ok.

With that being said, that is a close one.... If it were me, I would definitely want to be in line in time to be one of the first ones off the ship (Self assist). if there are any delays there could be a problem. But many times I have had the opportunity to be off and could have made a much earlier flight.

On the 29th you would be the only ship in port so that is a good thing for you, as security and check in shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks. Still wondering if I should chance it. Guess I'll keep my eye the flights for a little longer.