Carnival Dream - Best side for Belize, Honduras & Cozumel itinerary

Funkat

We were on the port side on Dream in July and able to see the islands. To me, the port side for this itinerary is best.

We sailed the same itinerary two cruises in a row. On the first one, the captain sailed straight into port on Roatan and backed in on the second. There is no way to tell, really.

BTW, Belize is a tender port so it doesn't matter.

I fifth or sixth or whatever the port side. We backed in to Roatan and the Belize tenders used the port side. We weren't banking on it, but it was nice to have luck on our side in each port. Also coming and going from Roatan we got a great view of the island from our balcony as we sailed in and out.

We plan to book a balcony on the 12/6/15 sailing on the Carnival Dream and were wondering what side is best. Thanks

If smoke bothers you, then choose the side that doesn't allow smoking on any of the decks like Promenade or Lido.

Otherwise, it really doesn't matter, ships sometimes nose into a dock, other times they back in.......

If smoke bothers you, then choose the side that doesn't allow smoking on any of the decks like Promenade or Lido.

Otherwise, it really doesn't matter, ships sometimes nose into a dock, other times they back in.......

I didnt think you could smoke on any balcony any more....

Did I misread a memo??

It's a coin toss for docking at the islands, but Port is best for sail away through New Orleans and out the Mississippi. The sun will be behind your back for photos and you will see the French Quarter and 9th ward from your balcony. I've seen the Dream dock on both the port and starboard sides in New Orleans.

The return trip up the Mississippi doesn't matter because it will be dark almost all the way back to the dock.

I think smoking outside on port side deck 5 is only allowed on the aft end so balconies further forward should be ok, especially on sea days. If it is all of the port side of deck 5 then deck 8 or higher should be ok.

Try to Goggle images Cruise port and the name of the port - such as "images cruise port Belize" and look at lots and lots of pics to see which side most often has the chance to be facing the direction you'd like.

There's no guarantee since sometimes the Captain chooses to face opposite way to give all the cabins a chance to face some of the ports or there is maintaince work to be done or lifeboats are being tested. BUT ... it improves the odds more in your favor to being on the "best" side.:D

Thanks for all the responses. We have booked 9266 on the port side Vista deck for the 12/6/15 sailing. There aren't many cabins left and the majority of people seem to prefer the port side so figured we would go with that. If anyone knows anything that we may need to know about this cabin, please post.