Excursion availability question

youngestof9

So the excursion I wanted is gone (but offered on other sailings with same port time) so I'm guessing it's sold out.

However, is it really sold out or do they hold some availability for guests once you get onboard?

I have been getting different answers from Norwegian so I was wondering if anyone has personal experience seeing no availability before sailing, but getting onboard and seeing an excursion available.

Thank you.

They definitely do hold back excursions for on board guests..

Source? I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but I had a different experience. I was told by many on this board and by calling NCL that they held back tickets and reservations for those who want to book on-board, but when I boarded I was told this wasn't true and the event I was interested in had been sold out for weeks :(

I can also say that I pre-purchased Spa pass online and when I boarded the lady in the spa said she was glad I pre-purchased because all the spa slots were sold prior to embarkation. I'm thinking that from a business model, they will sell whatever until it's gone. I could be wrong though, but it's not been my personal experience.

To the OP, can you share what excursion you are referencing? We may be able to help with alternatives :).

Source? I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but I had a different experience. I was told by many on this board and by calling NCL that they held back tickets and reservations for those who want to book on-board, but when I boarded I was told this wasn't true and the event I was interested in had been sold out for weeks :(

I can also say that I pre-purchased Spa pass online and when I boarded the lady in the spa said she was glad I pre-purchased because all the spa slots were sold prior to embarkation. I'm thinking that from a business model, they will sell whatever until it's gone. I could be wrong though, but it's not been my personal experience.

To the OP, can you share what excursion you are referencing? We may be able to help with alternatives :).

Jost van dyke excursion in Tortola. I have an alternative but really wanted the NCL excursion since I've done it and loved it. And the cat is literally at the dock next to the ship.

It is my experience as well that once an excursion is sold out through MyNCL, it is not available onboard.

Also all possible excursions listed for each port on the public site are not necessarily available to all sailings to begin with.

It is my experience as well that once an excursion is sold out through MyNCL, it is not available onboard.

Also all possible excursions listed for each port on the public site are not necessarily available to all sailings to begin with.

Thanks. It was available and then it was gone. I should have booked. My mistake for not booking when I saw it!!