Fort Lauderdale to Miami Airport Tolls

tutumomma

We are flying into FLL next January and received a really great deal on a car. I was wondering if there are a lot of tolls between Fort Lauderdale and the Miami Airport where we will be dropping off the car. I know that we can take a shuttle but I like the idea that we can leave as early as we want.

Thanks!

We are flying into FLL next January and received a really great deal on a car. I was wondering if there are a lot of tolls between Fort Lauderdale and the Miami Airport where we will be dropping off the car. I know that we can take a shuttle but I like the idea that we can leave as early as we want.

Thanks!

As long as you don't get in the hot lanes, there are no tolls on I95 between FLL and MIA.

You do know MIA is quite a ways from the Port of Miami right? Does your company not have a closer drop off point?

aren't 'fast lane' tolls electronic only ... to keep them FAST?

steer clear unless you are ready to pay the electronic toll fee for your rental . . .

Yes but heading south it sneaks up on you. I've accidently ended up in the lane before.

I've seen it as expensive as $10.50 but it would have been worth it because it took us three hours to get from Las Olas to downtown Miami.

tutumomma can I ask where you got your car deal? We would also like to rent a car and drop it near port of miami

Rent from Alamo, Thrifty, Dollar (I think enterprise to)and drop off at MIA and they offer free shuttle to cruise port.

You could google maps fll to rental center at mia and select the option "avoid tolls"

Edited by jb456