Questions about sailing out of Baltimore

dcruisers

We are staying there this Saturday. Is 11:25 the earliest shuttle to the port that they have? Also; what is the procedure for arranging the shuttle to pick you up after the cruise.

Thanks.

We stayed at another BW, but make sure you ask the driver WHERE he picks you up after your cruise. The one in Elkridge was there when we debarked, but he did NOT come up to the ship. He was where they let you off before the cruise. We didn't know this and waited by the ship and missed the lst shuttle. :confused:

We booked the park and cruise package when we booked the room. We contacted the Best Western directly (the number to the hotel itself). The clerk asked us what time we wanted the shuttle and we gave him a time of 11:45. A few weeks prior to the cruise, We received a confirmation from the Shuttle company (K-D Limousines) , which stated our pick-up time, etc. There is a desk in the hotel lobby, and on the day of your cruise you check in right there. They had room in an earlier shuttle so they asked us if we would like to go then (11:15), so we did.

The driver tells you where to look for them the following week, and he gave us a card with information which I think had tel. numbers. We didn't need to call them, because when we came out of the terminal a driver was already there. In other words, they are going back and forth between the hotel and pier picking up and dropping off.

We had cabana #13 in August when we were there on the Fantasy. Yes, HMC was pretty hot in August (we have been there a few times and this seemed the hottest being mid August).

The cabana is open air but the "kind of enclosed" back wall portion did have ac and ceiling fans so you can get some cool air circulating near the table and chairs. The best thing is it is shady and you can relax out of the sun. #13 was peaceful and the oceanfront view just amazing, just sit back and relax while staring at the ocean with your cruise ship in the background, like a postcard! So worth the money to have the shade and a private area to relax.

It's the one in ODonnell at.
I see others have said they stayed here. I am glad they had a positive experience. Maybe the hotel has better security than the surrounding area. O'Connell Street does not have a very good reputation.

We have lived in Baltimore County all our lives and I personally would not keep my car in that area. That is my opinion. Like I said, maybe now it has better security. Seems to, since others have posted they were satisfied.

2 weeks from today we will be sailing out of Baltimore for the first time.

We have been on many cruises and have been on the Pride sailing the Mexican Riviera 5 years ago. But this is our first out of Baltimore. Looking forward to not having to fly!!

We do have a few questions....... What time is the muster drill?

We hope it won't interfere with seeing the Chesapeake Bay bridge.

Which nights are formal nights?

My husband isn't interested in bringing his tux this cruise...... So is wearing a sport coat with a golf shirt underneath acceptable? Or should he bring a dress shirt and tie?

Finally, we will be going to HMC for the first time. Is there any shade for those who prefer not getting too much sun?

Thank you fellow cruisers!

He should be fine with a sport coat and golf polo, he can bring a dress shirt and tie if he wants. Muster will be around 4:30, sailaway will be at 5. You won't start moving until after muster drill, so you will be able to see the entire trip down the Chesapeake Bay. Not going during Daylight Savings time is beneficial to watching as well because you get that extra hour of sunlight to see northern Virginia.

Pride is a great ship, you will love her! :D

I see others have said they stayed here. I am glad they had a positive experience. Maybe the hotel has better security than the surrounding area. O'Connell Street does not have a very good reputation.

We have lived in Baltimore County all our lives and I personally would not keep my car in that area. That is my opinion. Like I said, maybe now it has better security. Seems to, since others have posted they were satisfied.

I read opinions such as yours and that is why we chose the Elkridge location. It is a bit further away, but it served it's purpose. :)

Well the only thing I can say is, we parked in the lot for two cruises, and both times everything was fine. We'll park there again for our next cruise and hope for the best. We have insurance. The first time we used the package it was winter, and our car was shoveled out and cleared off upon our return to the hotel. I tell people the same thing though when they visit my city...watch where they park.

We are heading out in the Pride next month and wondering if anyone stayed at the best western Baltimore and used the free park and shuttle service? Any reviews would be appreciated:)

I've done this cruise several times and stayed at the Best Western on O'Donnell Street. Never had a problem with it. The rooms are good, the free breakfast is good, the shuttle service to and from the port is fast and dependable, and our car was always there and undamaged when we returned. Would highly recommend it.

My husband isn't interested in bringing his tux this cruise...... So is wearing a sport coat with a golf shirt underneath acceptable? Or should he bring a dress shirt and tie?

Thank you fellow cruisers!

From the Carnival web site:

"Cruise Elegant Dress Code

Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo"

So I'd suggest a dress shirt instead of a golf shirt.

Have fun, the Pride is a great ship!!

I'm booked at that hotel for the October 18th sailing... Did you have a good experience there?

We stayed there (BW in Elkridge) and found it to be an excellent choice. Our stay was not cruise related, though so we only used the shuttle to BWI for our flight for a trip to Belize. Our car was there for almost two weeks. Nice stay, nice restaurant a few steps away and I believe they will shuttle you to the nearby mall and stores, including a Walmart.

I'm booked at that hotel for the October 18th sailing... Did you have a good experience there?

We stayed there (BW in Elkridge) and found it to be an excellent choice. Our stay was not cruise related, though so we only used the shuttle to BWI for our flight for a trip to Belize. Our car was there for almost two weeks. Nice stay, nice restaurant a few steps away and I believe they will shuttle you to the nearby mall and stores, including a Walmart.

Yes, as Delta Dear said, it was a very good choice. We did not use the shuttles to shopping, but the shuttle to the cruise port was perfect. And p/u was perfect except we got the place wrong and had to wait for the 2nd shuttle, but that was our fault. :(:confused: I think the only thing about it that I didn't like was it was kind of "boring." lol. The area...I wish I had booked something closer to the "city" so we could have explored Inner Harbor, etc. As DD mentioned there is a nice restaurant right across the street: The Stained Glass something. If you google it you can see the menu. We sat at the bar and had a good burger and a few beers. Our bartender made an AWESOME Bloody Mary! Pool was "okay." Room and hotel VERY CLEAN and had a nice breakfast included. We did a B2B so also had our car there for 2 weeks and had no problem...I just think the next time I would want to be closer to Baltimore sites. I think Mitsugirly has some pictures of the hotel in her Pride review.

Yes, as Delta Dear said, it was a very good choice. We did not use the shuttles to shopping, but the shuttle to the cruise port was perfect. And p/u was perfect except we got the place wrong and had to wait for the 2nd shuttle, but that was our fault. :(:confused: I think the only thing about it that I didn't like was it was kind of "boring." lol. The area...I wish I had booked something closer to the "city" so we could have explored Inner Harbor, etc. As DD mentioned there is a nice restaurant right across the street: The Stained Glass something. If you google it you can see the menu. We sat at the bar and had a good burger and a few beers. Our bartender made an AWESOME Bloody Mary! Pool was "okay." Room and hotel VERY CLEAN and had a nice breakfast included. We did a B2B so also had our car there for 2 weeks and had no problem...I just think the next time I would want to be closer to Baltimore sites. I think Mitsugirly has some pictures of the hotel in her Pride review.

Okay, the restaurant is the Stained Glass Pub and if you google it, you'll be able to look it over first! Also, put in the search on top of the page: Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break cruise review. Starting at post 6 she has pictures and "review" of the BW at Elkridge. BON VOYAGE! :cool: