Steak

Tennessee Titan

I cannot imagine how you could ruin a tenderloin unless you cook it to death, same goes for prime rib roasts or rib eye steaks.

Not seating off the fat, not trimming it properly, poor quality meat that isn't marbled properly, etc. Not cooking on even heat, not letting it rest after its been cooked and starting with a cold surface are other ways to ruin it. It also needs proper seasoning of course. I've seen lots of places destroy great cuts of meat. The steakhouse on Royal Caribbean Oasis managed to destroy my medium rare porterhouse as one example, thankfully that was a complimentary meal.

Not seating off the fat, not trimming it properly, poor quality meat that isn't marbled properly, etc. Not cooking on even heat, not letting it rest after its been cooked and starting with a cold surface are other ways to ruin it. It also needs proper seasoning of course. I've seen lots of places destroy great cuts of meat. The steakhouse on Royal Caribbean Oasis managed to destroy my medium rare porterhouse as one example, thankfully that was a complimentary meal.

Sorry, I should have said that using a few basic how to's it would be hard to ruin a decent cut of meat. If you are going to treat any cut poorly expect poor results.

bosco

Sorry, I should have said that using a few basic how to's it would be hard to ruin a decent cut of meat. If you are going to treat any cut poorly expect poor results.

bosco

Well, you did ask... ;)

Canadians - We have to talk.*

We have some good friends on the Veendam right now. They've alerted us to the awesome Canadian Lay's Potato Chip flavours.

http://www.dousaflavour.ca

You guys should really get the word out. I'm pretty sure that it would swing the exchange rate back in your favo(u)r. I'm not so sure about the Butter Chicken - although I try to be open minded - but Montreal Smoked Meat, Cowboy Baked Beans, and Scalloped Potato sound like winners.

Manitoba's chip is the most intriguing - to me, at least.

*If you are part of the thread police, this is meat and potatoes related - especially the Montreal chip.

Canadians - We have to talk.*

We have some good friends on the Veendam right now. They've alerted us to the awesome Canadian Lay's Potato Chip flavours.

http://www.dousaflavour.ca

You guys should really get the word out. I'm pretty sure that it would swing the exchange rate back in your favo(u)r. I'm not so sure about the Butter Chicken - although I try to be open minded - but Montreal Smoked Meat, Cowboy Baked Beans, and Scalloped Potato sound like winners.

Manitoba's chip is the most intriguing - to me, at least.

*If you are part of the thread police, this is meat and potatoes related - especially the Montreal chip.

Too funny. My friend has tasted all of them. She's not fond of butter chicken but she said those ones are the best. I try not to bring chips into my house because the disappear then reappear on my butt. I haven't tried any of them.

Too funny. My friend has tasted all of them. She's not fond of butter chicken but she said those ones are the best. I try not to bring chips into my house because the disappear then reappear on my butt. I haven't tried any of them.

It's all about science. Except for the cappuccino flavor in 2014. That's just an abomination. (Unless they added caramel. Then it's cool.)

Those sound interesting. I just tried the US flavors. They were interesting. In order of preference; truffle, sausage and gravy, reuben, and gyro. None were awful. I just don't see them becoming something I want to eat often.

Those sound interesting. I just tried the US flavors. They were interesting. In order of preference; truffle, sausage and gravy, reuben, and gyro. None were awful. I just don't see them becoming something I want to eat often.

I've only got Gyro left to go, but I can see why Truffle might be a favorite.