Toddler friendly post cruise tour in Fort Lauderdale?

mkkao924

For our upcoming cruise, our return flight is at 7pm on disembarkation day. That means we should have a good 5-6 hours to kill in Fort Lauderdale. I am wondering if someone can recommend a good tour/activity that our 4yr old can enjoy?

Also, how do you handle all the luggage while you are doing these activities? I am thinking to go to airport directly once we disembark, check in the flight, then leave for some tour. Is there a better way?

Since we will be at sea for 7 days, I think we will pass any water related activities unless it's unique that we should not miss.

Any suggestions?

For our upcoming cruise, our return flight is at 7pm on disembarkation day. That means we should have a good 5-6 hours to kill in Fort Lauderdale. I am wondering if someone can recommend a good tour/activity that our 4yr old can enjoy?

Also, how do you handle all the luggage while you are doing these activities? I am thinking to go to airport directly once we disembark, check in the flight, then leave for some tour. Is there a better way?

Since we will be at sea for 7 days, I think we will pass any water related activities unless it's unique that we should not miss.

Any suggestions?

Suggestions for dealing with your luggage:

• Rent a car for the day and store luggage in the trunk.
  • Use your cruise line's luggage valet program (your checked luggage is taken the last evening of the cruise and you are reunited with it upon arrival at your destination airport) and just keep your carry-ons with you.
  • You most likely won't be able to check in for your flight more than 3 or 4 hours in advance but you can store your luggage (for a fee) at Bags to Go (http://www.bagstogo.net) in each terminal. They need to be retrieved by 5 or 5:30 in the evening. Then, if it is a weekend, you can take the free Sun Trolley Airport Link (http://www.suntrolley.com). If it is a weekday, take a taxi back into down.

Suggestions of what to do with a 4 year old:

Edited by capriccio

We're looking at the Bluefoot Pirate adventure here. For a five year-old. Can anyone recommend it? Or not-recommend it?

I hadn't heard of them before (and I still have a couple of years before my 8 month old granddaughter will be old enough to enjoy it :D) but the TripAdvisor reviews are outstanding: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34227-d2403008-Reviews-BlueFoot_Pirate_Adventures-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Any suggestions?

For you I would recommend a day room either on the beach or make sure with a pool. That way when your toddler has had enough, they can take a nap.

We're looking at the Bluefoot Pirate adventure here. For a five year-old. Can anyone recommend it? Or not-recommend it?

I've not done it but we pass it all the time on the boat and the kids are always having a blast. We also let to play with them a little and let them squirt us with their water guns.

I hadn't heard of them before (and I still have a couple of years before my 8 month old granddaughter will be old enough to enjoy it :D) but the TripAdvisor reviews are outstanding: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34227-d2403008-Reviews-BlueFoot_Pirate_Adventures-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Aren't grandkids the best? A wonderful reason to tap back into your Inner Kid.

I've not done it but we pass it all the time on the boat and the kids are always having a blast. We also let to play with them a little and let them squirt us with their water guns.

Ok. We're in. We're from the landlocked prairies so a chance to be a PIRATE on a SHIP is a fabulous adventure.

Costoc (here) has pirate costumes for Hallowe'en. We nabbed one for our granddaughter and are now planning our own costumes. :)

Thanks for responses. I'll check out the Tripadvisor link.

Edited by CanadianDee