Ensure you take all documentation re: OBC

wendychloecruiser

Not exactly clear and concise directions on how to cash in the Celebrity VISA points. I was actually able to do it through a link posted on CC. I printed out the email verifying the OBC and am bringing it with me on my cruise. I also have the original booking paperwork from when I booked this next cruise onboard. After reading other similar threads, and knowing the reputation of Celebrity's IT dept, keeping a hard paper copy is the only way I go.

When Celebrity parted ways with BOA, we stuck with the Royal BOA card....perks apply to Celebrity so no point opening another Visa,

It is easy now to have OBC from that card applied. We just call the Captains Club and they process it right away.

Of course we keep copies of everything, including booking perks including OBC....just in case,

On one cruise the alcohol perk was not added for many on board...with our paperwork, they corrected it immediately. Others had to wait a day or two for confirmation from shore side!

Not sure how they refunded and drink purchases made??????

We use this company all the time and have never had a problem. On the first emails you received, "Thank you for booking with CC", is there mention of the OBC? If there is, print that out and take it with you in case you have a problem. When the other documents arrive (the Booking Confirmation) about 10 days after you book, there may not be any mention of the OBC on those ones. This is the case on our upcoming cruise. I hope you don't have a problem.

Yes, it's on the original in small type mixed in with the long form. I asked to have the credit and other perks in writing on the invoice, and showing the final payment. They send me an invoice from Celebrity (that still states a balance)and then hand write that the final payment has been paid. They will not write on the invoice what perks we are to get from the TA. They keep referring to the original "Welcome" form. :rolleyes: Oh well, will take what I have in hand.

Edited by Iamthesea

Printing out evidence of OBC has come in handy more than once when there's been a glitch between our TA and =X=. Don't leave home without it.

My onboard credit was missing on my last cruise. I had booked directly through celebrity future cruises during the previous cruise. Never made a single change to any part of the reservation, paid on time, did absolutely everything "by the book". Somehow the OBC magically disappeared. Luckily I still had the original printout that I had shoved into my suitcase and never removed while unpacking.