Withholding categories?

monorail81

I was looking to book a trip on the Freedom next year. When I started my booking, several categories did not appear as an option. I was looking for D1 or E1 and neither showed as an option. The cruise is in November of 2016 and by no means full.

This isn't the first time I've seen this. Does anyone know WHY RCL does this? I want to book a higher priced balcony. You'd think they would want to take my money. Lol! It's so frustrating. I know I could book one of the other categories and switch it later, but I'd prefer not to have to do that. Is there any timeframe that they hold onto the rooms before they release them for booking?

Any thoughts?

I never knew that! I've booked D1s and it's always just the two of us. I've had one booked for next month since last year. I nabbed a certain coveted aft the day the bookings opened. Other times I've just have my pick. I see now that all the D1s have a sofa bed.

I did just try a mock booking with a third person in the room and the D1s popped up. Thank you for teaching me something new tonight! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk