Costa Maya and Cozumel

TggrDisney

I am cruising on DCL for the first time next fall and I am trying to pick a cruise...we are definitely doing a 7 day cruise, but I am trying to pick the itinerary...the Costa Maya/Cozumel/Castaway Cay looked nice, because you go to Castaway Cay twice....

Is this a new cruise itinerary? Has anyone done it before?

Thanks! :)

We did the Costa Maya/Cozumel DCL trip last September because of the hurricane damage to Grand Cayman. We liked Costa Maya--we did the ruins tour through the ship, and really enjoyed it. We had extra time for shopping at the port.

In Cozumel, we took taxis to Paradise Beach and had a wonderful beach day, which we appreciated, since we weren't able to go to Castaway Cay.

I would love to do a double CC trip.

• 1 month later...

We have been on three Disney Cruises and have always looked forward to the Castaway Cay stops. It is fantasic. They have been adding different things to do each time. My favorite is the kayak river excursion. We saw sharks, stingrays and starfish. I believe they just added the trip you are referring to as it was not availabe a year ago. Have fun!

Just remember one thing about choosing your cruise itinerary, it can change. We booked a cruise based on the itinerary and because it was during hurricane season, things changed drastically! Sometimes weather is an issue and docking at Castaway Cay is not possible. That can happen at any time of the year. We have had two Disney cruises when we were not able to get to the dock because of high winds and had to miss the stop completely. That made for a most unhappy last day of the cruise. I have never been to Costa Maya but if I had the choice of that or Cozumel right now I would go for Costa Maya! It depends on the time of the year for your cruise. I probably have not been of any assistance to you, but my best advise is to just plan to enjoy your cruise whereve you go. When you go with Disney, you can't go wrong!

We love Cozumel. I have heard Costa Maya is like Coz. when it was nothing... I kinda like that. A day to relax on a beautiful island.

We are doing the Coz. C. M. and Castaway Caye twice next fall. We have two kids and cannot wait to do Castaway twice. How fun is that going to be !!!

We are glad to get back to Coz again too.

• 1 month later...
I am cruising on DCL for the first time next fall and I am trying to pick a cruise...we are definitely doing a 7 day cruise, but I am trying to pick the itinerary...the Costa Maya/Cozumel/Castaway Cay looked nice, because you go to Castaway Cay twice....

Is this a new cruise itinerary? Has anyone done it before?

Thanks! :)[/quote) I believe Costa Maya is new on their itinerary, our Cozumel stop got bumped for our 1/14 cruise due to hurricane damage. Still looking forward to warm weather!! Good Luck w/ your decisions.

I agree wth Pixie' posts. We sailed on the Wonder in December, and the Captian explained DIS is adding itineraries with 2 stops at Castaway Cay due to passenger demand. The stop is very popular, and is the best private island in terms of infrastructure and ease. I think the itinerary you are considering is a great one. Cozumel has tons to do and is a great stop (despite the tendering). Costa Maya is mostly a cruise line creation, but it makes for a nice beach day.

Archived