Best price paid for February Mexican Riviera Cruise

lowdown

Remember its very cold there until you pass Mazatlan ...we did ours in March ..ocean was ice cold ...on the de ks we needed very warm hoodiesand jogging pants ....the wind was wicked ....it was sunny though

Be prepared bring very warm clothes

I'm going to chime in about the weather, even though that's not what you asked about......

We usually go on the MR Cruise the second week of February every other year. We've NEVER had rain, not once. The first sea day and last sea day can be chilly, but not FREEEEZING! People still used the pools and laid out in the sun. The morning that you wake up in Cabo or near cabo it will be warm and sunny. Last February Cabo was in the high 70's, Mazatlan was in the low 80's and PV was around 85. It will NOT be COLD.

People were in the ocean, snorkeling, and riding wave runners and doing all ocean activities.

I can't remember the cheapest we paid, but last year we were on Carnival and I believe for four of us in a mini-suite (like category with the tub) it was $3200???? (that seems about right to me.)

Remember its very cold there until you pass Mazatlan ...we did ours in March ..ocean was ice cold ...on the de ks we needed very warm hoodiesand jogging pants ....the wind was wicked ....it was sunny though

Be prepared bring very warm clothes

That really depends on the year; we did it about 8 years ago, Mazatlan, Puerta Villarta and Cabo was wonderful the entire trip. Now, one year we sailed out of Houston at that time and the weather sucked most of the cruise; yes, windy, rough, and not a positive time. AS fo the water, the pacific is never particularly warm, not compared to the Atlantic and the Carribean.

We have several friends who have time shares in Cabo and Puerta Villarta; they use them yearly in Feb. The best part about going in Jan/Feb and early March is the Whale Watching. We have never had any rain, but OP, I would take a couple of warm sweat shirts and wind breaker just to be on the safe side

Now, how much have we paid? It has been enough years since we have done the trip in the winter, I could't even venture a guess what we paid.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Historically LA has been a tough market. Not last year, but a few years ago we booked the NCL Star last minute (2 weeks out) for $399 per person for a balcony and I doubt we have ever paid more than $500 per person for a balcony room for a Mexican Riviera cruise on NCL. I'd watch the prices carefully, as NCL in the past has dropped prices significantly to generate bookings. With the new management you never know how they will do things. Good luck.

959.00 pp for an H4 (Haven Suite) on the Jewel.

700.00 pp for an SC (2 bedroom family suite)

Both prices inclusive of tax and port fees.

Also came with 450.00 OBC, internet and port credits.

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

Historically LA has been a tough market. Not last year, but a few years ago we booked the NCL Star last minute (2 weeks out) for $399 per person for a balcony and I doubt we have ever paid more than $500 per person for a balcony room for a Mexican Riviera cruise on NCL. I'd watch the prices carefully, as NCL in the past has dropped prices significantly to generate bookings. With the new management you never know how they will do things. Good luck.

Those sound like great prices! Too bad we can't wait until last minute. We're paying $250 pp for insides, but that's only because we got KSF.

If the price goes down inside the final payment window, can you still "upgrade" without losing anything? I'll bet I'd lose my KSF and my 9-month advance booking for Latitudes, right?

Edited by theloo

Those sound like great prices! Too bad we can't wait until last minute. We're paying $250 pp for insides, but that's only because we got KSF.

If the price goes down inside the final payment window, can you still "upgrade" without losing anything? I'll bet I'd lose my KSF and my 9-month advance booking for Latitudes, right?

With this new management you never know what is what........:eek: Can't whine about $250 pp! Have a great time.......

Yes, $250pp (cruise only) is a good price, but I'm guessing that your price was based on 2 passengers, not 4, right?

I'm guessing it was listed as 499pp and they got 3 and 4 free. Probably a little more than that as theyd have to pay another 104$ x 4 for taxes and port fees and 84$ x 4 for grats. So total is 438pp total for an inside. That's pretty cheap for a 7 day cruise. 62$ all inclusive a day per person.

I'm guessing it was listed as 499pp and they got 3 and 4 free. Probably a little more than that as theyd have to pay another 104$ x 4 for taxes and port fees and 84$ x 4 for grats. So total is 438pp total for an inside. That's pretty cheap for a 7 day cruise. 62$ all inclusive a day per person.

That's exactly true. But I was saying that I thought jingle5616's deal was probably better because s/he got $399 pp for a balcony (even if that's cruise only). Assuming that was for 2 people, it's a great deal because s/he did not have to share with 2 more passengers and got a balcony!