H5 Haven Breakaway

skiwee

I was just reading a post where someone commented that they heard most do not care for this type of room. Is this true? And why? I just booked this penthouse courtyard H5 last week and want to know why anyone didn't like it. Thanks!

I can tell you why I chose not to stay in this room and stayed in a Haven spa suite. Both were valid options as only two of us in room, three is crowded in H5 as I stayed in a similar Penthouse Suite on the Star which is also not well set up for more than two. It looked to me that the BA H5 seemed small (even though it is slightly larger) and decided it was the lack of an extra window that the Spa Suite has. The H5 is also more expensive than the other forward and aft penthouses which are much larger and can handle a 3rd person better. Spa Suite was less expensive and had spa pass which we wanted. Regardless, you will enjoy the room as being in the actual Haven area is a convenience over the other penthouses.

Skiwee- I think there are people who feel the extra cost for a suite or haven is not worth it because they are out of their room all day and don't like to be waited on by a butler or concierge.

If your not going to spend time in your room and the idea of trying to decide if your going to have breakfast in your room the next day or not stresses you out... I'd agree that it is a waste of money.

Of course if you love the serenity and quiet of your room and would rather be by the pool by yourself with no crowds then the Haven is perfect.

-Sean

Thanks for replies! Yes will just be my husband and I. We do enjoy meals in our room from time to time and I really look forward to the quieter pool area. There was some aft suites available but they are too far away from my liking. The only spa suites we say had the huge tub next to the bed which I don't care for. I thought the H5 looked great for us but we worried after reading that comment. My suite is also right there at the pool. Can't wait to go. Only did a suite once before on the Dawn in a romance suite. Was very nice. Thanks again!

Was in an H6 on BA, and for me the 2 separate rooms and huge bathroom outweighed the advantage of being right in the Haven. That huge balcony and and second bathroom is also a very nice feature. It may have been nice to have the Haven Restaurant right outside the door for breakfast, but we love to walk anyway.

I saw an H5 when the butler had the door open, and they look nice, but much smaller than the FF/aft penthouses. For some of us the extra space will make for a voyage more memorable, and for some being right in the Haven will make it feel more special.

Edited by vince_g

H6 sounds nice but I really find we never use the living room in a two room suite. We had that on a carnival cruise and the living room even had its own TV. We never sat in there and just used it to toss out stuff on as we walked to the bedroom. Was a complete waste of space for us but I know many enjoy the seperate room. I'm thrilled we are finally staying in the Haven and so close to everything. I am just hoping there wasn't like some weird layout or something I missed. Thanks again!