Getaway Haven restaurant

Postman1963

The service and food in the Getaway Haven restaurant is fantastic! We ate almost every meal there. In fact, it was the first cruise for us that we did not eat at a specialty restaurant, as there was really no need with the Haven restaurant.

If you have a large family on board and some are in the haven and some are in balconies on a lower deck, can guests come up to the Haven during the day and go to a meal with you or use the facilities with you. If someone wanted to spend the night on the couch do they allow that?

If you have a large family on board and some are in the haven and some are in balconies on a lower deck, can guests come up to the Haven during the day and go to a meal with you or use the facilities with you. If someone wanted to spend the night on the couch do they allow that?

They don't care who sleeps where but non-Haven guests cannot use the Haven pool/facilities. Not sure if they allow you to bring people to the restaurant for a fee anymore.

We just sailed on Sept 5th and the Haven restaurant was great!! Maria, who seems to run the space is absolutely incredible! We only ate breakfast there but by day two everyone knew our names and were incredibly nice. The only thing I will warn you about is that the menu doesn't really change much. That being said, the food was really great and it was nice to dine in a quiet area :)

They don't care who sleeps where but non-Haven guests cannot use the Haven pool/facilities. Not sure if they allow you to bring people to the restaurant for a fee anymore.

I just got off the Getaway last week and stayed in the Haven.

The concierge indicated that non-haven guest can join haven guests in the Haven restaurant for dinner but they must pay a fee ($25 pp per dinner sticks in my mind). Perhaps someone can confirm the cost I remembered.

Our friends are on the fence about coming with us on our Escape cruise. I am worried about this too since I know they will not stay in Haven. They can not allow non Haven guests into Haven pool area or sun deck because that would defeat one of the benefits of Haven.

But I figured I can always leave Haven and hang out with them. Its not like we need to together 24/7 sometimes its nice to have your own space to get away to.

Our friends are on the fence about coming with us on our Escape cruise. I am worried about this too since I know they will not stay in Haven. They can not allow non Haven guests into Haven pool area or sun deck because that would defeat one of the benefits of Haven.

But I figured I can always leave Haven and hang out with them. Its not like we need to together 24/7 sometimes its nice to have your own space to get away to.

That's exactly how we handled it when we cruise with non-Haven friends last year!

The suite phone that you can carry with you makes it easy for the non-Haven guests to give you a call any time. We then would meet at O'Sheehan's and then go from there. ;)

It worked out fine. But....for what's its worth - this year we are all Haven! ;) :D

We are staying in a Spa suite on Getaway in February. How is the food / service in the Haven restaurant?

We really enjoy it! The food is wonderful - but the menu is the same all week, except for a daily Chef's special at dinner. We always have breakfast there, lunch and dinner occasionally - just because there are so many other choices on board! ;)

We Haven been in the Haven on the Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and have the Escape booked. Each time the service and attention to detail has been outstanding.

If you want personalize service - the Haven is the way to go! We are always greeted by name and everyone from the Concierge to the bar staff out by the pool all make a real effort to make your experience special!

WARNING.....once you go Haven it's really hard to do anything else! ;) :D

WARNING.....once you go Haven it's really hard to do anything else! ;) :D

Absolutely spot on. Being treated like VIPs from the moment you hand over your luggage is highly addictive.

We enquired on the Epic a while back and they also said non Haven guests can dine for a $25 per person fee with Haven guests in the Haven restaurant.

Absolutely spot on. Being treated like VIPs from the moment you hand over your luggage is highly addictive.

We enquired on the Epic a while back and they also said non Haven guests can dine for a $25 per person fee with Haven guests in the Haven restaurant.

Yes...we had heard that too. With so many speciality restaurants that we enjoy - we rarely do dinner in the Haven Restaurant.

We have also found that "going out" of the Haven for dinner helps us to enjoy the rest of the ship. On the Epic we never left the Haven area - except for dinners and shows and got off feeling that we had missed experiencing a lot of what the Epic had to offer! :eek:

Edited by happy cruzin

I just got off the Getaway last week and stayed in the Haven.

The concierge indicated that non-haven guest can join haven guests in the Haven restaurant for dinner but they must pay a fee ($25 pp per dinner sticks in my mind). Perhaps someone can confirm the cost I remembered.

This was our experience on the Star earlier this year, although no Haven Restaurant, it was $25 each for our 2 non-suite friends to join us at Cagney's for lunch. There is no free dinner option for Suite Guests in non Haven ships mind you, unless of course you are platinum. So this only sort of applies to your question. Hope it helps.

That's exactly how we handled it when we cruise with non-Haven friends last year!

The suite phone that you can carry with you makes it easy for the non-Haven guests to give you a call any time. We then would meet at O'Sheehan's and then go from there. ;)

It worked out fine. But....for what's its worth - this year we are all Haven! ;) :D

Suite phone - how do (non-haven guests) contact u?

Do they dail your cabin # OR ?