NCL electric sockets

tursiops

As I recall having cruised aboard the Epic twice, there are American style outlets. There might have been a continental two round prong receptacle but I'm probably thinking of a different ship. There is nothing resembling a British outlet, I lived in the U.K for four years so I remember those three pronged plugs, and it's 110 voltage, not 220V and 60 cycles, not 50. ;)

How many and what type of sockets are available on NCL Epic

On the Epic, there is a US 110V and an EU 220V socket in the cabinet across the bed/sofa in balcony/mini-suite cabins (no British sockets). If you need power bedside, you need to bring an appropriate extension cord. There is also a switchable shaver outlet in above the sink.

We always carry a small power strip to go from the socket to the countertop. That way we can plug in multiple phones, cameras, ipads, etc.

I believe that the electrical socket is controlled by the room lights. If you want your power to stay on while you are away, bring along a standard credit card-sized room key from any other hotel to stick in the light control. That way the power is always on in your cabin.

I believe that the electrical socket is controlled by the room lights. If you want your power to stay on while you are away, bring along a standard credit card-sized room key from any other hotel to stick in the light control. That way the power is always on in your cabin.

Good idea, except when the cabin steward comes in and removes the card. Happened to us on the Epic, Breakaway and the Getaway. Might help if you let the cabin steward know in advance that you have a need to keep the power on while you are not in the cabin.

what about plugins to charge tablets or Kindles around the ship.

I haven't seen any for guest use. There is always power for the crew to vacuum and clean, but it's either along the floor in a passageway or high on a wall. Not near that comfy sitting spot for reading.

Good idea, except when the cabin steward comes in and removes the card. Happened to us on the Epic, Breakaway and the Getaway. Might help if you let the cabin steward know in advance that you have a need to keep the power on while you are not in the cabin.

Good point. We've been on the Epic 4 times, GA twice, and BA twice and never had a problem, but definitely talk to your cabin steward. Also,,, having the power/lights on illuminates a white indicator light outside your cabin on the new ships saying to your steward "someone is in the room" (one step below "Do Not Disturb").