Places to charge a tablet or Kindle

charliewesley

The Kindle (and its equivalent) should last all day long on a full charge without needing to be connected, tablet's battery life varied a great deal. However, both our iPad Mini & Nexus 7 tablets usually last 8+ hours on a full charge with typical usage - which is more than adequate for majority of cruisers, unless you plan to just sink into that lounger or chair for truely long stretches as a solo traveler/not interested in doing anything else social onboard ??

Ditto on carrying a portable USB battery pack, mine from Allpower is rated at 6,000 maH and will give the smartphone a full charge plus the tablet. Invest in one as I used mine extensively earlier this month on a land tour & being constantly on the move, had no chance nor time to quickly recharge it on the go.

Invest also in a quality fast charger, an OEM approved one or built/designed for the device is recommended - I have a Blackberry charger - rated at 1.8 amp and will safely recharge most of our devices in under 2 hours, often as little as 1 hour when battery life is below 35 or 30%.

The ideal place for a proper recharge (aside from the mobile pack) is in one's stateroom - as all of the ship's public area are not designed nor have pax-accessible outlets for charging any kind of devices.

Are there places on board to charge a Kindle or a tablet while reading or playing games.

Doesn't your charge last an entire day? I charge mine every night in our stateroom and it lasts the next day.

But I don't use it six-eight hours at a time since I take part in some of the ship activities.

I don't think there are any public place to charge one.

Edited by NMLady

Purchase a portable battery pack on Amazon or your favorite big box store and charge anywhere.

Ditto on carrying a portable USB battery pack, mine from Allpower is rated at 6,000 maH and will give the smartphone a full charge plus the tablet. Invest in one as I used mine extensively earlier this month on a land tour & being constantly on the move, had no chance nor time to quickly recharge it on the go.
Another vote for an external battery pack. Personally I love my 16,800mah iPower.... tiny 6,000mah may only charge some tablets halfway.

r-iVSD9XZLU

BTW.... some phone & tablet chargers can now even boost your car. I have old cars and find myself boosting co-workers. These things are so handy!

obseEGdlb2g goIT5QqD6Tg

Please don't be a wall hugger...

P6oEoBCuDDM

Edited by xlxo

I use a Mophie external battery pack/charger that has 2 USB ports and lightening port that charges my iPad, cell phone and hubby's Kindle. Best money I've sent in a long time. Small and lightweight we can charge on the fly when doing excursions.

Another vote for the mobile power pack. I used mine on the Epic during my westbound TA last year. I found the perfect place to curl up on deck with my Kindle, but ran the battery down. It made it easy to continue reading without having to give up my spot to go charge in my room.

The hallways at the stair cases normally have US plug outlets near the floor, they are used for vacuum cleaning.

What others said, a powerbank. A Kindle will have a 1000 to 1500mAh capacity, I love my Xiaomi 5000mAh power bank ($16 @ Banggood, $17 @eForChina, both free shipping but China mail could be a bit slow). It's 0.4" slim, should charge your Kindle 3 times before it needs a night on the charger itself. Powerbanks go up to 10000mAh but get quite bulky or heavy. The 5000mAh one from Xiaomi snugs easily under your ereader when you charge and read, even comes with a perfect short length micro USB cable.

xiaomi-5000mah-power-bank_2.png

Edited by FreestyleNovice