Thomas Cook V Thomson - Barbados

soobs

We tried to get premium seats at time of booking but told none available assumed sold out We are supposedly on the wait list if some come available . But looking at seat Booker I don't think our flight from Manchester to Barbados tcx624 has any premium seats. We have booked rows 4 & 5. Anyone on this flight on 26th December in premium?

Hi Milis my friend is flying from Manchester on 8th Jan and has also been given flight TOM116 is it usual to have two flight numbers the same for different flights? I have looked on the schedule for departures from Manchester in January and can't see any Thomson flights? We are going at the end of January and we're hoping it would be the Dreamliner. I notice n this thread that someone has said there will be no Thomson flights from Manchester!!

Think of the flight numbers like buses, they do the same route over and over.

According to historic flights its been a Dreamliner.

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/TOM116

Hope that helps.

Gosh thank you for all your replies, Thomson sounds to be the better option and we found it okay, the 2 3 2 seat configuration sounds appealing, I am not sure another airport is the solution could not face the prospect of the return flight arriving mid December in the cold at an airport far away from home - we only live 20 minutes from Manchester.

Will keep an eye on what is available we are flexible over the Friday or Saturday departure but would prefer the Saturday for a change. We will have to be flexible on dates as well but hoping for the Britannia but will happily accept Azura.

Hi soobs

I'm on about 8 Caribbean cruises with po using both carriers on occasion I've upgraded to premium for leg room but not always and can honestly say there is no difference to between them. I cannot comment on the Dreamliner I'm hoping my flight out in jan will be on one.

Thomas Cook and Thomson both bog standard chartered flights, yes premium is nicer more room, drinks, entertainment, more luggage allowance etc but economy is ok, shame the little touches have gone like the drinks.

Hay

Can i be rude and ask how much extra it is to upgrade to Premium seats as im 6'4" tall and normal seats came be a bit short on leg room.