Ship time? Jade Houston W. Carib 1/16

anonmom

On all NCL ships the ship's time is usually same as local time in port (there are some rare exceptions).

Third party excursion providers know when ships are in port, but as a rule of thumb their tours often start 30 mins after ship's arrival.

Edited by Demonyte

The Dawn when on the same itinerary did stay on central time the entire cruise which had a small hiccup with Cozumel as of 2/2015 being on eastern standard time.

This is actually quite interesting because I've been on cruises that have changed time for one port only and then back after said port.

Edited by Demonyte

This is so strange to me! You'd think NCL would have this information clearly available on their web site, but I can't find it.

I would give NCL a quick ring perhaps they'd be able to provide you with more information if you ask for it?

I'm booked on my first cruise and trying to plan port activities. How can I find out (before we cruise) if the Jade stays on the same time throughout the cruise?

NCL changes ship's clocks to match local time.

Cozumel is in the same time zone as Houston.

On Monday night, you will turn your clock bank an hour for Belize and roatan.

Then back to Houston time on Thursday night.

NCL changes ship's clocks to match local time.

Cozumel is in the same time zone as Houston.

On Monday night, you will turn your clock bank an hour for Belize and roatan.

Then back to Houston time on Thursday night.

Sorry, but that is old information.

They switched to Eastern Time in that region of Mexico this past Feb.

Edited by DebJ14

Hi Anonmom,

On another subject, are you driving to the port or flying in? I'm trying to find the best way to get from Houston Hobby or Drury Inn & Suites(staying the night before) to the port. It is just my husband and myself. I want to find transport at the lowest cost. We are going on the Jade the week before you are and are so excited. Thanks to anyone that can give the price they paid for a taxi, cruise line shuttle, etc.

We're flying in to IAH the night before. I'm going to book the cheapest hotwire hotel that is at least 3 stars, has an airport shuttle and wifi included. Currently looks like that will run about $70. Then we'll take an Uber to the port, for about $35-46.

If you can get to Houston Hobby easily enough, then you are totally set. The current estimate I'm getting from Drury Hobby to Port of Houston is $13-18!